Re: My thoughts on Whats going on with Xoops
  • 2005/6/1 8:44

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

karedokx wrote:
heard about you a lot catz..

to bad you are not 'taking over' the wf-projects as mentioned... will be real great news for us...

glad to see you around..

Hi Karedokx,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and it mean's a lot to myself.

I am glad to see you here

ATB

Catz

karedokx
  • 2005/6/1 9:08

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

again, really glad to see around, catz..

one of the most satistying thing for me since joining/using XOOPS for my website (10-11 months ago) is the opportunity to meet great people with great heart.

bender and liquid are two of great people i meet from wf-projects. kinda sad to see there is no much activity anymore there lately. tried my best to help out here and there... limited knowledge and skill...

btw, imho what's required by XOOPS is a woman in core team.. to share some love.. and forgiveness...

Catzwolf
  • 2005/6/1 9:26

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

karedokx wrote:
again, really glad to see around, catz..

one of the most satistying thing for me since joining/using XOOPS for my website (10-11 months ago) is the opportunity to meet great people with great heart.

bender and liquid are two of great people i meet from wf-projects. kinda sad to see there is no much activity anymore there lately. tried my best to help out here and there... limited knowledge and skill...

btw, imho what's required by XOOPS is a woman in core team.. to share some love.. and forgiveness...

I agree, XOOPS has a fantastic community and have always been good to me and I wish I could repay them further but not at this time.

I have known Scott for the longest time and we are very close, but he wants and needs to move on now and I understand his reasons for doing so.

I have only known Bender for a little while, seems a shame we started off on the wrong foot with each other (my fault, barged in like a bull in a china shop) but you wont get a more honest and warm person as he is.

I agree, XOOPS does need that type of touch. Core get this lady in there for that lovin tender forgiving touch

ATB

Catz

Rhomal
  • 2005/6/1 19:36

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

> In easier words: WF-Section needs at one dedicated guy just for maintaining itself, which is a no go for busy people like the XOOPS Devs.

I dont need more excuses. I do need results, product, patches.

> About the default modules being crap:
When I enter the XOOPS site, it says "powered by You".

*snip*

a. I am working with phppp on the karma system for CBB, since I am not a coder thus thats my input into the project.

b. Thats a cop out, 'want something better, write it yourself'. Not all of us are fluient in php. So those that cant write code do not have the right to point out issues? Please.. grow up and stop the wanna-be elitist attitude.

Rhomal
  • 2005/6/1 19:48

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

Vahrokh wrote:
About WF-Section

In easier words: WF-Section needs at one dedicated guy just for maintaining itself, which is a no go for busy people like the XOOPS Devs.

I had been the lead developer of wfsection sincehttp://www.wf-projects.com was established.
For wfsection 2.x series, I felt that it would take too much effort for me considering its codebase and my knowledge on it so after the wfsection 2.05(I even did not remember whether it was released or not) I left it to other developers.
Since then I had been working on wfsection 3, which is re-designed from ground.

I have to say that management is much more important to a large project than expected, WF-projects is yet another example.

I am glad to see that Mr catzwolf has been back to wf-projects and he asked the developers to leave so that he will take over wf modules, again.
I ever said "catzwolf was not willing to leave XOOPS". Actually it is not the first time for him to come back to wfprojects since he left wfsection.xoops2.com and wf-projects.com was then established by Bender and other wf guys.

Anyway, wf projects will move on and the modules labelled with "WF" that we are working on are also progressing.

The article management, which I have been worked on for 6 months almost as full time and was planned to be released as wfsection 3, now is for internal test.
And a stable (former) WFsection 2.08 will be released by a former WFsection developer with a new name, in early June.

phppp -

As I hope you know, I have the utmost respect for you. You have always replied to my inquires to your modules and assited when I posted issues to you.

I wish others here would learn from you example, but thats not here nor there right now.

I hope you understand why I and many others are fustrated right now. Honestly, I dont care about this new version or that fork of wf-sections. I would be COMPLEATLY happy with just a patch to fix the currect public version or a upgrade script to go to the newer beta.

I am NOT voicing concern about the delay in the new version(s). Frankly, I couldnt give a rats fat arse about them. For my needs the current version is fine IF a patch was issued to just correct the major outstanding bugs/security problems.

As a former developer, last I knew you fixed the currect code before you moved on to the next version. You did not leave your customer base hanging. Perhaps things have changed since I was in s/w development... *shrugs*

None the less, I hope you can see where my fustration is coming from on this topic.

M3tatr0N
  • 2005/6/30 7:12

• M3tatr0N

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 1

catz is really here?
Best regards,

Àggelos.

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE
------------------
"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you"

Xoops: software in english for english speakers.

Herko
  • 2005/6/30 7:18

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

M3tatr0N wrote:
catz is really here?

Yup, using his real name now: John_N.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits