riaanvdb
myReviews Module Forge
  • 2004/5/2 12:09

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

For those techinically minded among the testers that do not yet know it, the myReviews Project at XOOPS Forge is where you can add feature requests or bug, or just monitor the project.

Grotmis
Riaan

gauntlet
feature request
  • 2004/5/2 15:06

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

Another asthetics suggestion. Put a limit on number of WAITING REVIEWS block. I just began adding items to my site for review. No reviews yet, but 60 items. ANd I have a list of 60 items in the column on the main page waiting review. Maybe a setting in the GENERAL SETTINGS so the admin can cap the number that appear...or cap at 10. Gave my front page one hell of a long left column.

riaanvdb
Re: feature request
  • 2004/5/4 6:58

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Another asthetics suggestion. Put a limit on number of WAITING REVIEWS block. I just began adding items to my site for review. No reviews yet, but 60 items. ANd I have a list of 60 items in the column on the main page waiting review. Maybe a setting in the GENERAL SETTINGS so the admin can cap the number that appear...or cap at 10. Gave my front page one hell of a long left column.

Hi gauntlet, this is a good suggestion, I will add this to the feature list in dev forge and see if I can implement it in the next Beta.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/5 18:51

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

beta5 bug:

rating categories don't seem to take to the database if you are trying to apply them to a 3rd gen subcategory.

for example:

Cat1
--subcat1
----subcat2
------subcat3

If i try to add a rating category to "subcat3" it doesn't show up in the manage ratings categories list. It shows up in the actual revie but not the manage rating categories list in the admin panel.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/5 19:38

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
beta5 bug:
rating categories don't seem to take to the database if you are trying to apply them to a 3rd gen subcategory.
for example:
Cat1
--subcat1
----subcat2
------subcat3

If i try to add a rating category to "subcat3" it doesn't show up in the manage ratings categories list. It shows up in the actual revie but not the manage rating categories list in the admin panel.

Hi Tocpe, you are 100% right, I call this my "how deep does the rabbit go code" I allow the creation of the reviews, I just have not coded beyond the 3rd level display, are you planning deep subcats. I will put it on my todo list. Damn your good.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/6 18:01

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Yeah I'm planning on doing some pretty deep cats. :) Love it so far! I'll keep digging but it's getting pretty hard to find bugs though.

m0nty
  • 2004/5/6 19:28

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'm still getting error500 internal server error when i try to access the hall of fame..

no debug info.. no php errors or MySQL or smarty errors..

the only time i tend to see this error is when memory usage is exceeded..

currently php.ini on my host is 8mb memory..

i had to edit certain files ie.. users and groups etc to be able to edit users and access the members group due to this..

so out of curiosity is there anything in this file that would take the memory usage over the limit?? it's the only thing i can think of what's stopping it working.. and my host won't increase the memory limit on the server..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/7 8:26

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
i'm still getting error500 internal server error when i try to access the hall of fame..

Aaaaaahhh. The memory thing. So the members module does not work on your config either? I will have to so how I can get the memory usage less. Currently the sql I do is additional to the members scripts. The members are returned as an object with all the bells and wistles.... Maybe I will create a schaled down object that is not so memory intense.

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/7 8:40

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
Yeah I'm planning on doing some pretty deep cats. :) Love it so far! I'll keep digging but it's getting pretty hard to find bugs though.

Hi Tocpe, I am thinking about doing the code in such a way that you will have infinate depth, but I do not have a release date yet The changes I have made thus far for Beta6 looks stable and I will probably try to release this weekend. It is good to know the code is getting more stable, that is the aim.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/7 12:42

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Awesome! I can't wait. I'll keep pluggin away at it trying to find bugs.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits