Mamba
Re: Unknown SEO method.
  • 2011/8/20 22:12

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
so i guess i'll have to split publisher into 2 parts

Unless Trabis can do some magic with optimization.

When you talk to Trabis, mention that the archive.php also generates empty page:

http://franksrecipes.net/modules/publisher/archive.php

It works OK on the other Publisher clones, which have less records:

http://franksrecipes.net/modules/hints/archive.php
http://franksrecipes.net/modules/volume/archive.php

[EDIT] I did some extra testing, and the archive.php worked when there were 2508 records in the _publisher_items table. It didn't work with 2758 records or anything above (I went down from around 14,000 items by deleting 1000 records at a time and refreshing archive.php) [/EDIT]
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

zyspec
  • 2011/8/20 23:18

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Looking at archive.php it appears that some rewriting might have to be done to improve efficiencies. For example there's a place where all the item objects are returned from a query - this will probably have to be modified to only return the fields desired in an array instead of using the returned objects (default). There are a few other places where the code could be optimized that might yield some additional benefits. At least this would help if the problem is memory consumption.

An outer loop might be required to break the results into manageable chunks and then recombined.

I'm sure Trabis can figure it out, it's probably more about whether he has time to work on it.

chefry
  • 2011/8/21 19:47

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I removed 4 categories and all the related articles. still getting a 500 error in San Diego

I don't understand why I do not have a problem on the website using Chrome, but get a blank page when I try to access the recipes with IE9 or FF6

chefry
  • 2011/8/22 13:38

• chefry

• Home away from home

Very Strange

I cloned the module, calling it "Beverages", imported the publisher mysql (after editing the table names) deleted all the categories that didn't apply, and had to set the

Read permissions
Apply read permissions on articles
Articles submission permissions

It works fine.

I cloned the module, calling it "Recipes", imported the publisher mysql (after editing the table names) deleted all the beverage categories that didn't apply, and had to set the

Read permissions
Apply read permissions on articles
Articles submission permissions

I was checking progress as an anonymous user using FF6 and I could see the progress. Everything was working fine. But, after changing the permissions on 73 categories, it crashed again.

So, I've had to split it into 2 clones "Recipes A to L" and "Recipes M to Z".

It's definitely not what I wanted, or what I wanted to do, but at least it seems to be working now.

Try it out and see if it works for you.
www.franksrecipes.net

I haven't heard from Trabis yet, but I still have the original sql and I won't do any more updates to the site until I hear from him

chefry
  • 2011/8/23 12:07

• chefry

• Home away from home

I want to thank Michael (Mamba) for all the help he gave me trying to debug the problem

Thanks Again!!!

Mamba
  • 2011/8/23 14:11

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You're welcome, Chefry!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

trabis
  • 2011/8/23 15:55

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

zyspec wrote:
Looking at archive.php it appears that some rewriting might have to be done to improve efficiencies. For example there's a place where all the item objects are returned from a query - this will probably have to be modified to only return the fields desired in an array instead of using the returned objects (default). There are a few other places where the code could be optimized that might yield some additional benefits. At least this would help if the problem is memory consumption.

An outer loop might be required to break the results into manageable chunks and then recombined.

I'm sure Trabis can figure it out, it's probably more about whether he has time to work on it.

You are correct, it should be fixed in SVN now. This is one of the smartsection remains but there are probably more around. I don't advise the use of getObjects(). getAll() is better method as you can avoid this ALL IN mistakes.

Thank you

chefry
  • 2011/8/23 16:02

• chefry

• Home away from home

so this will fix the problem?

I can go back to one big database?

trabis
  • 2011/8/23 16:45

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

chefry wrote:
so this will fix the problem?

I can go back to one big database?

No, I think your problem is in random articled block.
I will look into the block but if you can get me access to your server it would be great.

trabis
  • 2011/8/23 18:07

• trabis

• Core Developer

Well, it seems you have updated publisher files but have not checked your block settings. The recent items block had settings messed up, instead of getting latest 5 or 10 items it was getting all items!! I reset the block settings and it seems to work just fine.
I also updated your archive file with latest svn version. It displays correctly now.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits