BlueStocking
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users Team

No sir, I am BlueStocking and the originator ofhttp://xoops-end-user.com/

I have promised myself when I use the handle end-user I will only discuss issues that relate to that function. No arguing with any one, just presenting a means of communication with those who use the product known as Xoops.

It was suggested on an eariler post that end-users could be used to evaluate a beta before going live. I have decided that there is nothing wrong with having a test area where products on the front page that have gone live can have some feedback and give relevant information concerning their product.

That could then be used to document the now live product.

Appropiate responses would go along way toward fixin the XOOPS sparing image.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/21 4:32

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
It was suggested on an eariler post that end-users could be used to evaluate a beta before going live. I have decided that there is nothing wrong with having a test area where products on the front page that have gone live can have some feedback and give relevant information concerning their product.

That could then be used to document the now live product.

BlueStocking

This a great idea, I am glad that you have implemented it.

I hope you have a place for feed back from the users what they thought of the software that you are testing. That kind of feedback would be invaluable to the developers.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking

RE: XOOPS.org Members Lounge
The Members Lounge is the place to talk about anything non-xoops related. Hang out here with the other members!

So far, I think not.

BlueStocking

@kc0maz:
You can Click on Wiki at the Main Menu and leave your comment. No login is necessary and anybody can edit.

It was my hope when a problem was noted the designer or developer would go in and examine the problem - having full access - and post the remedy.

In turn relieving the board of handling repetitive questions concerning the same product.

see signature link below.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/21 13:55

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
It was my hope when a problem was noted the designer or developer would go in and examine the problem - having full access - and post the remedy.

Again this is a great way to beta test themes and modules. I hope this site is successful.

I know at one time there was a XOOPS site that had a large number of modules loaded. It allowed end-users to go in see how modules are supposed to work, make some changes, then at the top of every hour the site would reset itself. Is this site still available?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

JMorris
  • 2007/6/21 13:59

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
Bluestocking wrote:

In turn relieving the board of handling repetitive questions concerning the same product.

Just make sure you don't confuse a feature with a bug. With the MWR Global theme, what you are calling bugs are actually intentional features. The design behaves exactly as I intended it to.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

end-user-rep

James,

I said before and I say again.

Guest: is the user name
letmein: is the password.

This is an open forum for the stated purpose.
The edit button at the bottom of the page allows you to answer any question any user of this theme has right there.

When everything is clarified, we/you can produce the documentation from the feedback that resulted.

This theme Needs these 7 supporting modules - please provide the links where these may be downloaded from.

/smartsection/
/wordpress/
/mydownloads/
/modules/newbb/
/mylinks/
/xhld/
/liaise/

It would be better for all if the questions were simply answered and the defensive attitude ditched.

We are in this together, like it or not.

chippyash
  • 2007/6/22 6:29

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

end-user-rep

I believe you are posting as bluestocking as well. Please don't do that. It is confusing for other site users and is bad online etiquette.

We have seen your arguments for signing off in different forms when you want to wear different hats. Although that is also confusing, it is more preferable than using two or more identities.

Consider this a polite request.

Kind Regards
Ashley

chippyash
Re: [XoopsProject] proposal - XOOPS End Users' Team
  • 2007/6/22 6:37

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
Raising the issue of end-users, and useability, is a good idea. The users' perspective is often overlooked in software development.

Hence my proposal for the project council posted HERE. One of the things that the independent 'chairman' can do is ensure the needs of the end user are supported by the development team.

skenow
  • 2007/6/22 11:52

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

This theme Needs these 7 supporting modules - please provide the links where these may be downloaded from.

/smartsection/
/wordpress/
/mydownloads/
/modules/newbb/
/mylinks/
/xhld/
/liaise/

Many themes include a navigation bar for different modules, as this one does. That does not make those modules 'required'. What is required is the end user must edit the theme (hence the target audience) to reflect the actual modules in use.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits