guys, plz submit your suggestions/discussions to
Source Forge

carnuke
Re: Any module requests?
  • 2006/7/22 12:47

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

well I just went to add my post and you already have done it Thanks DJ, we'll follow that thread.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

davidl2
  • 2006/7/22 12:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It's a very interesting idea. Thank you both for suggesting it.

Lance_
  • 2006/7/22 12:53

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Of course this would offer many new possibilities. Would love to see it happen.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

damaster
  • 2006/7/22 15:13

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

What about a Xoops Summer Code & Design to dev the most requested features? That way, some people here, being financial supported by the XOOPS Foundation, would take a few days to work together.

It needs some organization, a model, also the community should be able to vote and contribute any way...
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

tzvook
  • 2006/7/22 18:05

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Thanks McNaz for taking this up; you wait till tzvook sees this... he'll be banging your door down! .

It's one thing which might make me forget the Hizbula missiles running around in here ..... yep .... suddenly me and my 3 babies are in the front war line (Haifa) .
..... so .... after a few days with no network acsess (can't remember a thing like that in the last 10 years) .... I jumped right to this topic ...

Yep .... Categoric=Content way of thing for XOOPS is burning in my bones for a few years now, and - yep - phppp's articles is a good step toward that thinking .... in a few weeks I'll present you a big touristic site I made with it ... replacing an old site which was very category oriented ... a whole site can be based on this .... but system-wide-categories are essential.

Quote:
I might do a such a hack to the core and present it to the core team if there is enough demand for such a feature.
!!! ???
I certaily am banging your door down!

damaster
  • 2006/7/22 20:36

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

McNaz wrote:
Quote:
2- Another issue- Currently we are too ridgid in the concept that one type of content (ie photos) can only be used within a certain module and other content cannot be easily added. Sure we can hack a module and add stuff, but again the classification of content is still linear.

This is a very good point and it is something I've been thinking about lately. One idea is to have a feature called XoopsBots, which would provide a module wide hook (setup in xoops_version.php like a search hook it for example) that would enable content from one module to be displayed anywhere.(...)

That make me thought about - xLink - by Francis (a.k.a. frankblack).
Some dev, can't remember who now, planed to review the code and implement it in his module.

Quote:
enable content from one module to be displayed anywhere

xLink may do the job. I've used it by the past.

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Bassman
  • 2006/8/23 0:04

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

hyperpod and others, are you still looking for module requests?

First of all, you might want to consider a module for gaming sites based on igamingcms - see this thread.

Also, at various times I started converting a hot or not script to a module, and also the Tiny Tool script that allows users to sign up for hosting (with CPanel & Paypal integration). Neither of these went anywhere - I lost interest in the hot or not script at about 25% done, and the Tiny Tool module is about 90% done - but needs an admin area. If you are interested in taking on either of these, please let me know and I can find what I have already done. I can't vouch for the quality of the original coding, but it could be a starting point for someone :)

Lance_
  • 2006/8/23 1:43

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

That's pretty funny Bassman,

Been trying to find something and was looking to TinyTool. LOL

I don't want the paypal portion though, as I 'd like to make it a xasset plugin of some kind. I've worked and searched for something for the last week. hehe
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Bassman
  • 2006/8/23 2:11

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Lance,
Do you want a copy of what I have?

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits