Chris03
Re: Images problem
  • 2006/3/15 4:20

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Gee LMAO, what did i say for post after post after post after post, you cant use the relative path, you have to use the full path.....

Its a banner module, it doesnt assume the image is on your site, yes {SITE_URL} or somehting like that should be implemented but so that banner images change on the fly with site URL changing.

I told you to use the $xoops_url smarty variable in the image src like 9 posts back....listening helps in support forums......
KickassAMD

iHackCode
Re: Images problem

Quote:

ludaluda wrote:
Quote:

Bandit-X wrote:
yea it kinda sucks that the XOOPS banner thing doesnt have a special code for the site url like how the theme has that <{$xoops_url}> smarty variable. but there are other banner modules that you could try. i could only find
PhpAddsNew. in the repository. and i found this link to the it-hq site. Implementing PhpAdsNew into your XOOPS site
but they probably wont solve that whole banner problem (that you dont have to change every single path to the banner when you change the domains.). maybe there is a hack for the XOOPS banner system or something. or a module i dont know about.

so you agree that adding an image with the root url doesnt work on xoops, but thats the way it should be?

about that <xoops_url$> thing , im not wrinting it right but i tried to add that with the image source in theme.html file and it made images appear right on all pages, but thats weird,

the image works for me. likehttps://xoops.org/themes/xooriginalnew/logo.png or something. i just gotta remember the http:// part when i put in the link to the image. or it messes up the path to the image file.

and XOOPS was set up so it can use smarty variable in the themes. like <{$xoops_url}> or the <{$xoops_banner}> variables but the blocks and other things cant use it (by default). like Chris03 says. blocks can use {X_SITEURL} for the site url. i dont know/remember if someone has made a hack for using the {X_SITEURL} for the banner yet.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits