JMorris
Re: Catzwolf forking xoops?
  • 2006/1/24 3:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Please people!

The best thing we can do right now is let this one go. John, I wish you well in your endeavors.

Atlan, please don't advertise other projects here.

At everyone else,

Let's just let it go an move on. We have more important tasks at hand. Like improving XOOPS and XOOPS.org.

Best Regards,

James

P.S.

Please don't make me lock this thread. Let's be civil here.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Catzwolf
  • 2006/1/24 3:21

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@Supernix

when you have done as much work as I have done for xoops, then come back and preach to me ok, else you go and learn PHP and start developing modules then maybe you will see its not so easy to do as you think it is.

Edit: If you wish to continue this slagging of my charactor, then take it to my PM inbox and out of Xoops. I will only be to happy to take it there with you.

@Madfish:
Thanks, as you know I wish XOOPS all the best and I hope it is successful as it always has been and more :)

supernix
  • 2006/1/24 3:52

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

Catzwolf There is more to XOOPS then just coding. That attitude of either your a coder or your nothing to the project will surely not win you any user base at all.
I have anything to say about you I will say it publicly.
Same way you have anything to say then say it before everyone so they know just who you are and how you think.

I know I use some of your WF line. I waited tirelessly for you to release a final on your WF-Section but that never came through and when XFsection come out with the bug fixes and such you blasted that poor guy for just doing to work you should have and then made sure to inform everyone that you would not support any work that the XFsection guy did. That was very harsh to act that way for someone that was just trying to meet the needs of the user base. Funny that is the hype of codeplus supposedly. That you listen and code around the users needs. Turning the WF projects over to someone else really was the best thing you did since at that point you were helping to keep the projects alive and in development. I was going to start using the XFsection again but I had high hopes that the new team was going to further the work you started and come out with a really good document management system. So here I am again using the smartsection module.
Which the smartsection 1.1 for XOOPS 2.2.x was good then they came out with 1.05 which was a step backwards since they removed the WYSIWYG from it.

I never said that you did not contribute anything useful to the XOOPS community.
But actually when your going to start developing a module or full blown CMS you have to follow through or at least make sure someone else is towing the line for you before you quit.
Am I totally missing the mark or was that not you that started and abandoned the WF modules only now to turn them over to the people at the smart modules team?
Steve,
http://www.cutabovehost.com/

Catzwolf
  • 2006/1/24 4:16

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok you want to keep this in the public then we shall.

For nearly three years I worked on the WF-Line of modules, I worked on it on my own and with others and I had every intention of doing what I said I was going to do.

Now, since you do not know and I am not going to pull the bleeding heart routine and certain members of this community only know about this and now everyone will. Two years ago I suffered a nervous breakdown with all the work I was doing. I was trying to hold down a full time job and putting in 10 - 15 hours a day working on the modules. I have a neck and wrist injury which keeps me in constant pain 24 hours a day even with the medication I have to take.

Yes the last two years of my life have not been the best, and I have done things that are totally out of what I would say are my normal charactor to say the least. So try working under those conditions on something that was putting you into that frame of mind is not easy and to try and continue doing it was even harder, so you will ecuse me if I did keep up your standards. I'm sorry about that.

As for me abandoning WF-Projects, again that is not true. I did what I thought was the best and got them homes where they will get the best treatment and attention they deserve. Marcan is a dman fine coder and I am sure under his team they will go far.

As for WF-Sections, I was working on v3 up until a couple of months ago and had every intention of releasing it. But I suffered a serious blow to my computer that left my harddrive completely useless and I lost every single bit of work that I had done on it, and to be honest that for me was the last straw. I had enough. I have been tryiong to find someone to take it over but with no luck.

As for XOOPS now, its not going in the direction I personally feel it should be going, again this is my opinion and I am sorry if you feel it is wrong that I should be doing what I am doing, but hey thats life accept it and move on! As for just merely changing a few lines of code and taking peoples names out of the orginal XOOPS code, well that shows how much you actually or little you know.

I am not forking Xoops, I am rebranding and re-marketing it and adding/removing many features I think that people want, why? Because I have done my research.

Now, if you want WF-Section finished and the way you want it done, go do what I have done. Go to the WF-Section website download it, get a php book for dummies and recode it to do what you want. If not, I would gladly do it for you, if you paid me $60 hour to do it.

JMorris
  • 2006/1/24 4:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Enough is enough.

Gentelmen,

Please move it to PM.

Thread Locked

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits