jdseymour
Re: The problem with xoops is the lack of support

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Quote:
I suggest that once a user is registered a greeting message with all the links to useful recources and FAQ should be sent to both his/her email and PM. This will both help the user to find useful information and reduces the newbiw material in the forum.

jdseymour has something like this on his site and I found it to be a very nice touch. It gave a level of personal attention that is lacking in most online communities. I don't know if he has automated this though. I would think that it would be possible to have something like this added to the account activation email then CC'd to PM.

Just my 2 cents.

James

No, I never automated this. I do have a hack that would automatically send a PM to new users, but I never implemented it.

It is easily possible though.

MadFish
  • 2005/11/16 9:54

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

* Bump *

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Quote:
I think a document that will describe the concept behind XOOPS and the structure of the core will be a good place to start. On top of that I would add the API and basic module's essentials.

I would love to see this. I've tried to pull XOOPS apart a few times to figure out how it works, but I'm just getting started with PHP and there is a hell of a lot of code. A simple doc explaining the basic architecture of the system would save a lot of time, and maybe give us access to more programmers.

If someone who knows how the core works is willing to work with / explain it to me (in small pieces over several months) I'll write it down and turn it into a doc. I'd also be happy to work with people to try and turn the API into a more human-readable form (at the moment its a bit ermmm...'concise').

If anyone wants to take me up on this, let me know.

MadFish
  • 2005/11/17 16:03

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

No takers? Or should I be bothering people on the dev site?

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits