mrphilong
Re: Newbb 4.3
  • 2012/9/25 8:36

• mrphilong

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/14

There seems to be two versions, one from irmtfan and another from alfred. This is very confusing, since you guys loving doing what you are doing why not work together? Save us time in not having to test the module twice.

NOW: Which version and from whom should i USE?

irmtfan
  • 2012/9/17 3:49

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

I'd like to have the option to remove a user, make a ban and remove all posts he made in one pass.

curently it is not possible in one click but you dont need to delete the posts one by one and have some options:
to delete a user posts page by page see this link (available when you click on the user posts):

modules/newbb/viewpost.php?uid=XXXXXX&status=active#admin

Anyway, IMO deleting all user posts by one click is possible if we find a way to show all posts in one page.

Quote:

Suspending a user only is possible in the sub-forum you catch him and press the moderate button. More logical is to suspend a user within all forums.

to ban a user from all forums use this link (available in viewforum.php admin mode just for newbb admin):
modules/newbb/moderate.php
or better this link:
modules/newbb/moderate.php?forum=0

a moderator just have all permissions in his forum or forums and can ban a user in them one by one.

Quote:

In moderation management the option to remove a user does not work

There is no option in moderatation management to delete a user. that "Remove unselected users" means it will hide the unselected users from selectable menu just for better view.(it seems it needs some clarification)

btw, the moderation management (moderate.php file) need many more improvements.

Also Im against of having an option to remove a user in newbb. You can do it in xoops core. newbb is a forum and it is not its duty to handle user accounts.

Also the moderator should not have that privilege to delete a user account.
moderator have all permissions in his forum and not more.

This newbb still have a very important bug in deleting posts and topics. It has this issue in 3.08 too. (honestly i found many bugs in 4.3 that has not been solved in 3.08 and moved to 4.3)
sometimes it will delete posts and topics completely from database but instead it should set the approve value to -1 and admin can see the deleted posts and topics in deleting area after delete.

i still work on this big issue.

Anonymous
  • 2012/9/16 16:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

As a moderator at two newbb forums (including xoops.org) I really would like to have some more tools. In rare cases you suffer from one spam user posting dozens of spam postings at one day. Removing them is very time consuming now, as you have to do this one by one.

* I'd like to have the option to remove a user, make a ban and remove all posts he made in one pass.

* Suspending a user only is possible in the sub-forum you catch him and press the moderate button. More logical is to suspend a user within all forums.

* In moderation management the option to remove a user does not work (it's now called "Remove unselected users" btw )

irmtfan
  • 2012/9/15 1:50

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

I cannot understand the issue in 'View New Posts'
this is showing fine:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewpost.php?status=new

please explain or show us an image.

Roby73
  • 2012/9/14 1:42

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

There is a problem with 'status' (view mode) in 'View New Posts' and in topic page.
The problem seem to be also in xoop.org forum.

Roby73
  • 2012/9/10 4:21

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry i did not remember that smarty
$xoopsTpl->assign('p_up'newbb_displayImage('up',_MD_TOP));

already existed

irmtfan
  • 2012/9/10 3:57

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Yes Roby73.
Im in the middle of creation of a new full div template set for newbb and i find some bugs that remain even from 3.08.
I will solve them one by one sooner or later.
you can see i correct the prev and next buttons. but i dont solve the up button yet.
I need to know the community idea what is better looking.
1- having UP - PREV - NEXT icons only
2- having UP(icon) UP(link) - PREV(icon) PREV(link) - NEXT(icon) NEXT(link) (the current look)
also please pay attention:
1- do not add a new smarty for up.
The current smarty is this:
$xoopsTpl->assign('p_up'newbb_displayImage('up',_MD_TOP));

we will use this:
<{$p_up}>

Quote:

But the next and previous topic button don't work with seo rewrite on.

Nice finding.
All links should have the full URL to work in all conditions.
it is better to add this:
<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$xoops_dirname}>/

i will update the irmtfan branch today with some corrections.

Roby73
  • 2012/9/10 1:57

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

@irmtfan

In 10159 update don't show top button.

I add in viewtopic.php
$xoopsTpl->assign('up'newbb_displayImage('up',_MD_TOP));

and add
<{$up}>&nbsp;

in template newbb_viewtopic.html in your code

<a id="threadbottom"></a><{$up}>&nbsp;<a href="#threadtop"><{$smarty.const._MD_TOP}></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<{$previous}>&nbsp;<a href="viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&amp;order=<{$order_current}>&amp;topic_id=<{$topic_id}>&amp;forum=<{$forum_id}>&amp;move=prev"><{$smarty.const._MD_PREVTOPIC}></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<{$next}>&nbsp;<a href="viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&amp;order=<{$order_current}>&amp;topic_id=<{$topic_id}>&amp;forum=<{$forum_id}>&amp;move=next"><{$smarty.const._MD_NEXTTOPIC}></a>

But the next and previous topic button don't work with seo rewrite on.
i modified link in template adding <{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/ in template code down and up:

<a id="threadtop"></a><{$down}>&nbsp;<a href="#threadbottom"><{$smarty.const._MD_BOTTOM}></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<{$previous}>&nbsp;<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?order=<{$order_current}>&amp;topic_id=<{$topic_id}>&amp;forum=<{$forum_id}>&amp;move=prev"><{$smarty.const._MD_PREVTOPIC}></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<{$next}>&nbsp;<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?order=<{$order_current}>&amp;topic_id=<{$topic_id}>&amp;forum=<{$forum_id}>&amp;move=next"><{$smarty.const._MD_NEXTTOPIC}></a>

irmtfan
  • 2012/9/8 6:00

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

I hope the main developer Alfred could back and continue open developing here in sf.net svn.
As i said before with open developing community can help developer to find bugs and add new features and solutions and developer can help community to move the module forward.

you can see yourself. many bugs in newbb had been found only when we install it in xoops.org and some websites with huge community. eg: i found many bugs with the help of my website community.
Nobody can found all bugs himself and implement all solutions himself.
every single help should be welcomed to improve a module.
I still cannot understand what is wrong with the above. why a developer should do everything alone?
IMO this newbb is stable enough and is ready for release as final 4.3 version.
currently im working on a full div, and functional css templates for newbb 4.3.
I finish the newbb_thread.html and i hope i could do it in the 10 days.
because this newbb is very huge and templates are really complicated.

Roby73
  • 2012/9/1 0:52

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks irmtfan.

the problem of the more.png is other my error....now i find old and other templates in new newbb. sorry.

i think to use new last rev of alfred and several your code (es. show edit without edit reason ). This is my stable version and if received feedback report in discussion.

with rev 9883 i am not have problem from the user.

Thanks a lot!!

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits