Lance_
Re: latest release is 2.2.4 but there is no download?
  • 2006/1/29 3:15

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Got a slap on the wrist when I said that. Skalpa says 2.3 will be Stable also.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

jdseymour
Re: Re: latest release is 2.2.4 but there is no download?

OK, (puts hands behind his back)

gediminasbyt
Re: Re: Re: latest release is 2.2.4 but there is no download?

In the mean time while xoops.org thinks on when and why and how to get the download of full XOOPS 2.2.4 just get it from my site which I have done on the same day when 2.2.4 patch came out. I have no idea on who decides to put those "patches" out and who decides to put a full download or only a patch. In my opinion if you have a patch for an older version why can't you update an older version?

Get full/complete XOOPS 2.2.4 from here.

Gediminas

P.S. Just to clarify. Thanks to everyone who worked on patching 2.2.3. I'm talking not about who was working on it, but about the people who put a download together and available for others.

EDIT

I'm taking off direct link to download, awaiting for some clarification.

phppp
  • 2006/1/29 13:37

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@gediminasbyt, there is some detailed/formal info coming soon from XOOPS Dev Team.
I would personally suggest not provide the link to a full package before the Team makes their statement.

gediminasbyt

@phppp

Hmm. Interesting, so why should I remove a link to this full download, that I made available for xoopsers before this topic was even created.

I had tested the patched full/new install and it worked fine. Are you thinking of any problems that may arise later?

In the meantime I'm taking direct link from the download OFF, who want's can still get to it indirectly...

Gediminas

Will_H
  • 2006/1/29 23:24

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I will await this statement before I get to over excited about the topic...

Talk about a touchy situation.

Poor DEVS are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

draj
  • 2006/1/30 9:52

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I find it really confusing for others! See here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=204025&topic_id=46419&forum=43#forumpost204025

There is really no reason why XOOPS developers are not making an announcement as to ther there are two full versions available and users are left to their choice.

The two versions are:

AND

Whats wrong with that? So if the 2.2.3 is applied with the patch of 2.2.3 >>> 2.2.4 and offered to full version, that seems to me the best! It is possible to do this and there is nothing wrong with it!!!

Both the two versions are really stable. They only differ in some features and are really not buggy!

They both will be supported and converge at the level of 2.4, as 2.0.13.2 would be upgraded to 2.3 in lets say a couple of months which will be also upgraded to 2.4 and the version 2.2.4 will be directly upgraded to 2.4 at a much later date in lets say four months.

If this is made clear, then the users could decide which one to choose.

The best is to users a comparision chart between the two for them to decide. There are modules that does not work with 2.0.13.2 and others also do not work with 2.2.4!

dotmil
  • 2006/2/2 0:21

• dotmil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

Quote:

phppp wrote:
@gediminasbyt, there is some detailed/formal info coming soon from XOOPS Dev Team.
I would personally suggest not provide the link to a full package before the Team makes their statement.

FWIW, the one I made is still available. If someone from the dev team wishes it taken down for whatever reason, please contact me (PM, email, whatever) to let me know.
DebCentral
Debian and derivative distros community and news!
DebianHomepage.org All your Debian news in one place!

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits