Dalton
Re: Xoops 2.2 upgrade totally messed up templates system
  • 2005/8/1 9:34

• Dalton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have this problem too, i suppose this is why we get blank pages:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: xoopsformlabel in /home/infochi/public_html/modules/news/admin/index.php on line 711

I donĀ“t have any duplicate entry in my database too.

Shall i backup only my news module, and reinstall it, and then restore news table??.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/2 0:39

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

I still have not been able to get Anonymous users to see the contents of the site...

There was duplicate group settings in the database. I deleted the extra ones and that did'nt fix the issue so I deleted the Anonymous user group and recreated it in the admin interface but still Anonymous cannot view the site...

Any idea's? What else should I look for in the database?

tim1980
  • 2005/8/2 12:08

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

My databsse looks like this for the permissions:
Quote:

groupid name description group_type
Edit Delete 1 Webmasters Webmasters of this site Admin
Edit Delete 2 Registered Users Registered Users Group User
Edit Delete 9 Anonymous Users Anonymous

Is there something missing for Anonymous ?

davidl2
  • 2005/8/2 12:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

There may be a problem there - as XOOPS normally expects Anonymous to be zero?

I may be wrong however...!

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/2 12:18

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
There was duplicate group settings in the database. I deleted the extra ones and that did'nt fix the issue so I deleted the Anonymous user group and recreated it in the admin interface but still Anonymous cannot view the site...

How did you delete the Anonymous Users group? The XOOPS admin page doesn't provide a way of doing that.

At this point, your database may be difficult to repair. If possible, I would revert to your backup (pre-2.2), and start again.

When you say that anonymous users couldn't see content, what content specifically?

tim1980
  • 2005/8/2 13:43

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
When you say that anonymous users couldn't see content, what content specifically?

Please go to www.DesktopOS.com and you will see how anonymous just don't get any blocks even though they are meant to.

It's like there is no anonymous user group even though there is...

Quote:
How did you delete the Anonymous Users group? The XOOPS admin page doesn't provide a way of doing that.

I don't remember if I deleted it in MyPHPAdmin or in the XOOPS Admin interface, I think I did it in the admin interace...

I know I recreated it in the Admin Interface...

I have changed it to '0' but that has not helped.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/2 15:25

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

I have turned Debug back on and it's still working but giving me error messages.

I cannot get into the Blocks admin section of the site anymore, I was getting a blank page, with debug on I get the following error message: Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/webadmin/desktopos.com/html/modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php on line 58

I don't really have a backup, well only really old ones, I had not been good with that stuff... So I'd really like to fix the site and not have to rebuild it again and loose all the users again and forum stuff ect...

Also when I go to Group Permissions Amdine I get the following erorr message:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER assumed 'XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER' in file modules/system/admin/users/xoops_version.php line 44

Also the template system is still having the same issue which started this forum thread.

Does anyone think all my problems are fixable?

Is it possible for me to backup just the data in the forums and users ect and use that for a new site? I don't know how really, I'm still learning my way around mySQL.

Jokes
  • 2005/8/2 17:50

• Jokes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

Hi Tim.

I just posted on the other link last night with a possible fix to your template issue.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=39135&forum=1
I got it to work and the things I did are posted on the end of that discussion. As far as all the other problems you are having, I would even try to go as far as telling you that maybe you should just upload the 2.2 system module folder to your server overwriting what is on there now, instead of just uploading the folder I mentioned in the other post, then updating in module admin. It Can't hurt to try
Good Luck! I hope at least I help you get the template thing working again.
--Jokes.

Oh, and as far as you saving DB information, you can do that from within PhpMyAdmin, export the information as a text file, then once you have done a fresh install of your mods and XOOPS 2.2 you can always copy paste from the text file the information you need back in your database. Yes, I mean doing it manually, but it shouldn't be to hard. You can copy paste your exported information into the phpmyadmin query window and have the information inserted into the right places if you did your export correctly. Hope this helps.

Once again... good luck --- Jokes.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/4 13:47

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

Okay I have explored all possibilities of restoring this site to full functionality and have failed.

I have decided to rebuild the website again. This will be for the 2nd time, the new site will become the 3rd version of DesktopOS.com

I will stay with XOOPS but will rebuild the site with the latest stable versions, this should ensure the new site will be bug free.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/4 15:55

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

Somehow I fixed the permissions issue that was stopping users who where not logged in from seeing the site. What I did was copy the site to another domain and replaced mainfile.php, cleaned out cache & templates, and run the install again but quite out at the admin screen... Anyway I was shocked that fixed the site, I was just trying to get it working on the other domain with another set of files so I could delete the main site and start again.... So it looks like I won't need to do that now...

So good news peoples!

Now I need to work out all the other bugs.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits