Tocpe
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/6/4 2:24

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Is the "modify a review" link supposed to be active at this point? Cause right now it just goes to a blank page.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/4 6:18

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi Guys,
Quote:

m0nty wrote:
and i solved the hall of fame problem today :)

Will you send me your changes so I can incorporate into the module for the rest of the guys
Quote:

there seems to be a few bugs regarding the other blocks, like recommend it takes you to the bottom 10 ranked users etc.. but they shouldn't be that difficult to sort out really.

I will have a look at this.
Quote:

i've cured the detailfile.html error too on my server..
although i can't work out what it's actually used for.. seems to be for the comments system, but i can't work out where the hell it's activated.. i turned it on in modfile.php but still can't make comments..

but it's finally getting there :)

The comments are not yet implemented, it involves full smarty integration for the pages you want to use comments on, this will probably be last on my list.

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/4 6:21

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Tocpe,
Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
okay running v7 of the beta and I get the following errors via the XOOPS PHP debugger whenever I add a new review and if I approve a submitted review:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: version in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: platfrom in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: price in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: excerpt in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1165

sorry it took me so long to get around to actually testing the new version, my personal life has been kinda crazy lately.

You know, it'd be great it the admin had an image upload feature too.

I will look into these notices and sort them in the next release.

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/4 6:26

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
Is the "modify a review" link supposed to be active at this point? Cause right now it just goes to a blank page.

I made some changes to the modify a review code that will be available in Beta8, I hope this will solve the problem.

There are also some additions and enhancements I have done with the thumbnail creation and quality, as well as the recreation of thumbnails. Also when you delete a review the image and thumb for that review will now also be deleted. I have added thumbs to the blocks with a config to turn it on and off. All this will be available in Beta8.

Grotmis
Riaan

m0nty
  • 2004/6/4 7:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i went thru the code earlier in admin/index.php..

are the version, platform, price fields not going to be used? i saw they were commented out in the maketextarea functions..

so i removed all the fields ie. platform $platform price $price and so on, and that cured the undefined errors..

regarding the changes i made to get the hall of fame working. incidentally the changes i made solved the problem of the blank page when clicking to modify a review..

I'll email you the changes i made later today, as i need some sleep now :)

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/4 12:27

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

riaanvdb wrote:
There are also some additions and enhancements I have done with the thumbnail creation and quality, as well as the recreation of thumbnails. Also when you delete a review the image and thumb for that review will now also be deleted. I have added thumbs to the blocks with a config to turn it on and off. All this will be available in Beta8.

Cool!

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/6 16:59

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi all, myReviews Beta8 is now available from dev.xoops.org and from CraftsOnline. No new functionality just more robust code. (Thanks m0nty) This functionality will become the official v2.2 and we will have a working module for people to use with the stuff on the development list going through coding testing etc etc. There will now be upgrade paths from this release. The only thing that will be done to this version is cleanup. The first Beta of the new code will probably be released in conjunction with the official myReviews module release. I have already started coding the features requested, so there will not be a break in releases, just a focus on getting some websites running with the reviews module that does not like to run beta code. I will be publising RC1 in 7 days from now and official release in 14 days. Thanks again to all the testers. As part of the help documentation I would like some screenshots from the way you are using this module. These can be sent to riaan@craftsonline.co.za

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/6 17:05

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Great News! I'll be putting the official release into full swing as soon as it's available. I'm going to use this module as a major part of my site and I can't wait! Thanks for all the hard work Riaan!

malibu
  • 2004/6/8 18:47

• malibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

Great news Riann!

Wow... I'm not ready, I guess I'd better start trying to figure out how to develop templates so I can start skinning the site.

Anyone know who has a good tutorial site for developing themes for XOOPS?

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/19 16:20

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Just wondering how things are going.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits