irmtfan
Re: Customer Management and Helpdesk
  • 2004/9/24 17:58

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i have a question
is this system support email help desk at all?
i want user send a mail to for example info@domain.com and system create a account for anonymouse user and if user exist creat a ticket.
in brief i want a whole email support system
regards

ackbarr

This is a frequent question. The current release does not support submission of tickets via email. It is on our todo list though, and is tentatively planned for the 0.7 release. And before anyone asks, I don't know exactly when that will be out, but we want to get 0.6 ready in a couple of weeks.

Intended features for 0.6:
1. "My Tickets" - a way for staff members to see tickets they have submitted.
2. Batch Ticket Functionality - Close Tickets / Assign Tickets / Respond to tickets en masse.
3. Staff specified notification address.
4. View All Tickets - Add column sorting, filtering by Department, Status
5. Improve search - search by status, owner, department, email address

ackbarr

Jmass - extensive time tracking was a bit outside of my plans. I'm interested in hearing more about this though. Is there another app that does similar to what you are looking for? or could you describe how you picture it to look to a:
staff member?
administrator (if different from staff)?
ticket submitter?

jmass
  • 2004/9/27 16:38

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I am not really so sure.

It could range from a way to track and chart hours to identify trends in support costs. What users are monopolizing the support time. What issues are taking the most support time. This info is really essential for planning traing and improving an organizations support. Otherwise you are just fixing issues, not identifying and solving core problems.

It could go as far as a way for support staff to log their time, and submit time reports to their superiors. The ticketing system would have to be loosely tied to a somewhat seprate time tracking system. I have seen time tracking that is based soley on support tickets. This can work, but is not a good idea because a support member has to create a ticket for everything he does, even if it is not support related.

JMass

ackbarr

Quote:

jmass wrote:

It could go as far as a way for support staff to log their time, and submit time reports to their superiors. The ticketing system would have to be loosely tied to a somewhat seprate time tracking system. I have seen time tracking that is based soley on support tickets. This can work, but is not a good idea because a support member has to create a ticket for everything he does, even if it is not support related.

I agree with you here, xHelp employs a simple event-based hook system, so if there was another application that was designed to track time, a hook could be attached to the 'add_response', or 'close_ticket' event and update the time tracker application when those events are fired.

To see how much total time a customer is utilizing, though, reports could be added to the administration section.

jmass
  • 2004/9/27 18:26

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
To see how much total time a customer is utilizing, though, reports could be added to the administration section.

Any plans on this in the near future within xHelp?

Quote:
I agree with you here, xHelp employs a simple event-based hook system, so if there was another application that was designed to track time, a hook could be attached to the 'add_response', or 'close_ticket' event and update the time tracker application when those events are fired.

Yeah I think this should be a seperate module designed to work with or with out the help desk.

JMass

JMass

ackbarr

Quote:

jmass wrote:
Any plans on this in the near future within xHelp?

future - yes, near - not so sure. We have planned out the features to be implemented in the next 2 point releases (0.6 and 0.7), but are still dealing with feedback before planning any further. I will add this particular report to the feature requests so we can keep track of it properly, though.
Realisticly you can expect this after 0.7, but before 1.0.

jmass
  • 2004/9/29 20:07

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

I started, and halfway finished a module that was a helpdesk and time tracker in one. It was a loose coupleing of the two like we mentioned above.

I am scraping the help desk portion to use your help desk. It is much more feature complete.

I am however continuing on the Time Tracker. It will be simple, but hopfully complete. Maybe I can integrate it with your help desk..... I do not think it would require much to couple the two.

JMass

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits