m0nty
Re: module required
  • 2004/4/25 20:16

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ok, i uninstalled and then reinstalled the new version..

all is well regarding the templates..

still can't get the halloffame to work tho..

everytime i click on it i get an Error 500: Internal Server Error..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/25 20:26

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
everytime i click on it i get an Error 500: Internal Server Error..

Hi m0nty, I double checked the code for halloffame and I am using standard XOOPS 2.0.6 member clases. Is it possible to send me the sql, php and smarty debugs I don't know how to simulate the problem here.
But I am sure we will be able to fix it

Grotmis
Riaan

m0nty
  • 2004/4/25 20:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i'll see what i can do..

if it helps i am using the ipbm module, which does make some changes to the XOOPS core modules..

malibu
  • 2004/4/27 17:51

• malibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

Quote:

riaanvdb wrote:

...uninstall the previous version and reinstall this one, there are some database entries that has changed.

Grotmis
Riaan

What is the best way to uninstall a module?

::edit:: figured it out. Had to deactivate it first.

malibu
  • 2004/4/28 1:23

• malibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

Riaan: where do you want the discussions / issues to take place with things we find with the myReviews module? Do you want them to be posted here? You don't seem to have a forum on your site, and I didn't want to clutter things up with comments. Or did you want them via email? I'll post here until you tell me otherwise.

Not sure the point of the Onion Awards... but whatever greater purpose it serves, there needs to be an option to not have it show up in the Main Menu under Reviews. Also, you may want the ability to name that function from an admin panel, not sure everyone is going to want to have an Onion Awards on their site.

There was a problem with Beta3 with categories not updating on the Reviews page when changed in Admin if it was the default page for home. This seems to work okay in Beta4--good fix!

What is the distinction between a 'Review' and a 'Rating Category'?

I believe we will need the ability to either edit with the full 'News' type editing with XOOPS codes AND html (I haven't tried html yet, it might already work); plus it will be difficult without the Image Mgr as users are not going to have the ability to upload images to the /modules/myReviews/images/shot directory.

Also, the recent reviews block is not available for Anonymous Users (or any of the other Reviews blocks for that matter).

That's it so far. I think you've come a long way--I personally appreciate your efforts.

~Dan

m0nty
  • 2004/4/28 4:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

the review category is for distinction between types of reviews

ie.. CD Reviews, Book Reviews, Club Reviews etc etc

the rating category is the different ratings.. ie sound quality 1 - 10 value for money 1 - 10 etc etc

BBCode is functioning..

HTML also works

the blocks will appear if u enable them for the anonymous group in XOOPS admin/blocks..

altho good point, i think it would be better if a user could upload an image themselves that corresponds to the review they are submitting, even better wud be to use GD or netpbm to auto resize their images... the xcgallery would be a great module to view code for this kind of upload and use of netpbm or GD etc.. or maybe u already have something similar in mind..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/28 6:10

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi m0nty, thanks for helping with the questions, I was on a looonnng weekend and did not have access to the Internet (This being Africa and all ) I have Beta5 almost ready, but decided to delay to try and get the image uploads sorted out first, I think this will add a lot to the usefullness of the module. As for feedback, this forum is fine, I will from Beta5 create a seperate thread to handle the feedback. I am also monitoring the Module Dev Forge threads on reviews, so if you would like to post there it is fine.

As for the onion award, This is a block I created that is the opposite of Top rated, ie bottom of the barrel (excluding unrated items) With testing data you probably will only have 1 or 2 reviews, but when this starts getting to the 100's or 1000's it will start being usefull. You have the option of not showing this block.

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/29 20:37

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi All, I have uploaded myReviews v2.1 Beta5 in the downloads section of my site.
Updates: v2.1 Beta5:
- Added review.gif pic to the detailed review
- Different graphical review bar types (Round, Stars, Slide)
- XOOPS search integration
- Head of the Class block added
- Most Voted block added
- Cleaned up php notice in all displays (Thanks Mithrandir )
- Browse reviews by alphabetical listing (Thanks Catz for the code in the new mydownloads module)

I hope all the testers are keeping up with the betas, I am sure Meta is not complaining
Grotmis
Riaan

Mithrandir

this is the message, I get, when I try to d/l it:
Quote:

This file doesn't belong to the site you came from

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged.

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/30 6:03

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
this is the message, I get, when I try to d/l it:

Hi Mithrandir, I checked the download from work, seems fine. Are you still experiencing this problem?

I have added the file to the module dev forge at dev.xoops.org for all to download that experience simular problems.

Grotmis
Riaan

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits