jph000
Re: Display Problem with Modules Admin in System Module - protector
  • 2010/2/22 22:00

• jph000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 2

Mamba, yes, I ran the 2.4.4 "upgrade" on version 2.3.3b using shell command line to overwrite prior files by extracting the tar.gz package as usual. And mainfile.php has the paths for xoops_lib and xoops_data, as it did for 2.3.3 as well.

I am considering restoring 2.3.3 and redoing the upgrades, as I've found the upgrades sometimes are missing files -- will be comparing contents of full 2.4.4 installation package.

(I just spent a few hours debugging modules for html validation. News 1.66 had an old bug which I'd fixed in version 1.63, for example.)

Mamba
  • 2010/2/22 22:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's always good to run the check sum to make sure that you have all the files correctly uploaded.

Quote:
I ran the 2.4.4 "upgrade" on version 2.3.3b using shell command line to overwrite prior files by extracting the tar.gz package as usual.

And just to make sure - you did copy the /upgrade directory to your XOOPS installation, and ran it, right?

keeps us posted on the progress...

jph000
  • 2010/2/23 0:16

• jph000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 2

> and just to make sure - you did copy the /upgrade directory to your XOOPS installation, and ran it, right?

Yep.

UPDATE

In checking the contents of both protector folders in my upgraded XOOPS 2.4.4 installation against those in the full XOOPS 2.4.4 package, the following files were missing:

xoops_lib/modules/protector/class/

gtickets.php
registry.php

After adding them from the full XOOPS 2.4.4 package, the display problem (code corruption) on the Modules Administration page, with protector module in the modules folder, was resolved.

There were some additional files missing in some other xoops_lib/modules/protector folders as well. I probably ftp'd the xoops2.3.3b-to-2.4.4 package's xoops_lib and xoops_data folders over the prior ones rather than doing a tar.gz extract. (The prior folders may have been missing files as well.)

So, to resolve all omissions, I replaced my incomplete xoops_lib/modules/protector folder with the full XOOPS 2.4.4 package's one.

So, Mamba was correct when he said "Most of the time this is caused by ... missing Protector files in the xoops_lib."

chefry
Re: Display Problem with Modules Admin in System Module
  • 2010/5/29 18:27

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I'm having the same error problem

It's a clean install of 2.4.4 on my localhost

the problem with the modules page started when I installed ALTSYS. I need ALTSYS because I need PICO.

Changing the trust path isn't the problem, because I didn't install protector. (or at least, it SHOULDN'T be the problem if Protector isn't installed

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits