ghia
Re: Article 2.00RC
  • 2010/1/12 13:47

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Remove <{$article.time}> from /modules/article/templates/article_inc_category.html

The default installation of the module comes with 4 article examples and one is in the spotlight. What did you change?

mboyden
Re: Article 2.00RC
  • 2010/1/12 14:17

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Okay, your two items:
1) Date/Time info in main page template
2) Spotlight

First, remember this is an RC release (release candidate). This module is not yet finished. YMMV depending on needs.

1) Date/Time modification
The index comes in several forms depending on the option you choose in preferences "Template". Suppose you are using the one called 'blog'. In this case, the article_index_blog.html is the governing template for the main page. Each index page does a forloop include of a template for each item. In this case, the article_item_blog.html is the template for the included item. Therefore, depending on your needs, you have to edit both of these.

For your needs, it's in the item template, so I'll use article_item_blog.html. In there, you will find the <{$article.time}> tag. This is the one you want to remove if you want to get rid of the entire date/time.

BTW, this item template may be used and included in other locations and templates, so you may have to write some code that realizes that. Or, alternatively, you could cut and paste the entire item template into the main index template to replace the template include call and modify there as desired.

2) Spotlight Block Rendering
In the options of the spotlight block is one labeled "Only Specific Entry" or something like that. Make sure it is set to no or you won't see anything. It looks like the author was going to add some options related to that, but they aren't in there yet. When set to Yes, I see only labels in the Spotlight block rendering. When set to No, I see the single latest post. Personally, I'm using the Recent News block. Remember, too, you can clone blocks, which might be your best bet if you need more than one of these.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits