wishcraft
Re: x-torrents 1.30RC - Tracker Error

The other thing it could be peter, is the module has to have access for anonymous use. You can turn on and off categories that can be access as well as torrents that can be access anonymously.. But the module itself needs to be anonymous otherwise you will get that error.

Goto Administration -> system admin -> groups -> anonymous -> Module Access Rights

And turn on access for x-torrent within the module groups there.. This is because when you access it through a HTML Browser, the website will probably display something like

Sorry you don't have permission to view this area. It is doing this also when the torrent software is accessing /modules/x-torrent/announce.php it will unless you turn on anonymous access for the module so the torrent software can page via HTTP/HTML..
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/4 8:58

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/29

I really made a mistake, now i lost my xtorrent and i dont get it to install anymore...i think i crashed the database...stupid me and now i have to install the complete site from scratch again becauses al the modules are listed in the dir but XOOPS will not see them anymore... Haha sometimes i'm really a noob and blond hahaha.

The platform is linux with php5 and MySQL 5.

wishcraft

Hi Peter, I am not sure what you have done to your XOOPS installations, but I have ironed out the bugs in the torrent software finally..

Why don't you give it a go and download x-torrent from my dev directory..

http://www.unseen.org.au/modules/xtorrent/visit.php?cid=2&lid=2

is the torrent file..

It is updated on the donwload servoce...

btw, I got some interesting email from Vaughan from impresscms saying that because people could extend the sql slightly that I will patch in a later version anyway, this is a security flaw.

Infact it isn't a security flaw, it is what we call the need for some slight refactorisation the field itself is a integer and there is no way of extending into other tables..as the where clause has already called.

Talk about hyper paranoia.. besides.. it will not let people in to your service, that is a security flaw.
Resized Image

wishcraft

Well the problem was peter, when the passkey was passed to the torrent software, the hashInfo would change, I am not sure why they made it, this is more of design flaw with torrents, they require to have the announce data taken from the hashInfo as it means passkey technology is congruent with the process of this cryptology.

There was a couple of changes, for example this field was added to _prefix_xtorrent_user, it was lid (int(20) default 0) that was the only change to the database structure.

The other interesting thing is it would have worked on open, sort of.. but there was a commenting problem with an if statement.

Appart from that it all seems to work now.

Later yall

ps. Here is a screen capture of the torrent software uTorrent, on a closed system with the status reporting 'Working' for the tracker. Sorry about the bug, this software is only 1 month old.

Resized Image
Resized Image

wishcraft

Ok the zip is up for x-torrent, thanks to the few people that downloaded x-torrent via a torrent... Thats amusing.
Resized Image

LordPeter
Re: x-torrents 1.06 error
  • 2008/3/5 10:00

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

I tried to download it via youre torrent, but no seeder

I shall look fotr it on the site.

Thanks for the hard work and sorry for my late reply...to busy between jobs

greetz,
Peter

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/5 10:39

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

Thanx mate for seeding again, I'm going to give it a try.

Thankx

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/5 10:54

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

oke i installed it but while uploading the torrent file to my server it give a error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function poll_torrent() in /usr/home/deb8476/domains/benesuri.eu/public_html/modules/xtorrent/admin/index.php on line 586

Do i have to disable the poll tracker?

Greetz,
Peter

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/5 11:00

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

Solved the problem, it works fine now...

Thanx allot for the support and modifications you made...youre the greatest

Cheers mate

wishcraft

Dear peter,

Many thanks for your support in being a tester in the application, I will add you to the credits LordPeter thanks for all your support..

The Final ZIP will be now placed in the repository..

Final MD5: c4d61643d51abc4d6369356d06ff32c3
Final CRC32: ab9cd3be

Resized Image
As a Torrent

Resized Image
As a ZIP
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits