irmtfan
Re: Help Please with my upgrade to CBB 3.0.8
  • 2007/4/8 15:27

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i nearly sure its a template problem.
do you create a custom template as i mentioned in the previous post?

rosie
  • 2007/4/8 15:30

• rosie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/9 1

Yes I use the default with a custom named template.

irmtfan
  • 2007/4/8 15:49

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

i still think its a problem in your uploaded templates.
try to reupload all html files under newbb/templates and update cbb module after.

rosie
  • 2007/4/8 15:52

• rosie

• Just popping in

I will try that this evening, thanks. Will probably get back with you tomorrow about it as the HAM is calling me now. Happy Easter all!!
D.

rosie
  • 2007/4/9 18:50

• rosie

• Just popping in

O.K. I did find a problem in Templates but it was easily remidied. I clicked on the download button and then the list was fine, apparantly there were more files in CBB than in the newwbb I upgraded from. So....double checked templates, double checked permissions still no forum posts on the regular page, only in the forum admin.
So I deleted it all and tried the install again, this makes the 4th time, every time I did it someting got better so tried agian.
All went well again except this time NO forum, no posts NOT EVEN IN ADMIN and I spent 5 hours this morning trying to figure out why.
I uploaded the xoop1 database copy file again. Checked everything, read everything...came back here to look for ideas....said the hell with it and took Marks initial advice and downloaded Newbbex and installed that. Easy, worked right out of the box, everything looks good. My Original problem is fixed now, for those that don't remember, my client could no longer post remote links in their posts so they could add photos. Now they have a new upgraded forum...and lost all their posts. needless to say after a week of waiting my clients are not happy. I have the file but have no idea how to get it back on there.
If anyone knows and can help please do.

rosie
  • 2007/4/10 10:51

• rosie

• Just popping in

No additioanl comments or help?

irmtfan
  • 2007/4/10 12:29

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

rosie,
files and data are different from each other and store in different locations. you could delete all files and upload cbb 3.0.8 from scratch.
also IMHO according to the screen shots your problem was a small template misuploading so why you uninstall cbb and install a fresh one?
uninstall means you lost all data.
you should focus on your minor problem
now i suggest drop all 'bb' tables via phpmyadmin and export your forum backup ( if you have a backup?)

rosie
  • 2007/4/10 13:25

• rosie

• Just popping in

I reloaded the template files several times and still had the same problem.
I don't know how to drop all 'bb' tables via phpmyadmin.
I do have a database copy if that is what you mean?

This has all went beyond my abilities I've tried to follow the directions and do this I really have, I've done my best to show you my problems so I could get the help I need. I know it is hard to help someone without seeing the problem.
I dopn't know what else to do... didn't know what else to do except follow the advice of someone who said he never got it to work either. I messed up big time huh? Can you give me instruction on how to add the posts back to the current forum? I'd rather have had CBB 3.0.8 but I spent a week on it.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits