jdseymour
Re: Someone PLEASE!! help...im baffled

Well, I will have to admit it has baffled me also. I believe I checked everything possible.

1. Checked groups for any extra privileges for registered users - found none.

2. Checked all preference settings for system and forum (newbb 1 is very limited in this area, you may want to consider upgrading).

3. Re edited the test accounts. Still showed the e-mail addresses to registered users.

4. Checked member block settings - all appeared normal.

5. Only default template is used, so no cloned template issues present.

One question I do have is why the admin access to the polls module for registered users? Is that needed?

I hope someone else has some ideas for this problem, because I exhausted all my ideas for fixing this.

nightshade
Re: Still need help!!! someone, anyone!!
  • 2005/6/18 12:37

• nightshade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

jdseymour went to the forum and explored everything. he said all the settings looked fine, no problem there. but still my registered memeber's email addresses are revealed to other members, even though they are unchecked and set to be private. if ANYONE has experienced this problem or know what the problem could be, please, please let me know....im going on like the 15th hour working on this forum, but nothing is working, nothing at all.

thank you jdseymour---not sure how to explain the things you checked and looked for, but the fact that you found that all the settings were correct seems to suggest there is a rather serious problem hidden somewhere.

anyone who can help will be deeply appreciated.

nightshade
polls
  • 2005/6/18 12:45

• nightshade

• Just popping in

actually i didnt realize that the registered users ad admin rights to the polls until you just pointed it out. thank you. i wanted registered users to be able to CREATE a poll actually, that is all. but just checked it and you are right. just didnt know how to do it otherwise. (i hate not knowing what i am doing. its like running blindfolded into a brick wall)

but if anyone at all have suggestions on how to fix this problem, please let me know.

as for the newbb1, i just got the XOOPS download, so i assumed i had the most current version. so should i try to upgrade now---and please dont laugh, but what exactly am i upgrading, and is there a link i can go to? i just downloaded the version that i saw here. thank you. hope the upgrade works. please let me know where it is.

phppp
Re: Cant hide email addresses in member profiles
  • 2005/6/18 12:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

What is your remaining problem now?
poll or email visibility?

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 12:53

• nightshade

• Just popping in

my registered members email is STILL being showed to other members. sorry for the seemingly different problems. but the registered members email is not being hid

jdseymour
Re: polls

I believe the latest version can be found Here.

It is now known as CBB. Read the upgrade instructions carefully and see This Tutorial on my site.

HTH.

phppp
  • 2005/6/18 12:57

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Plz follow jdseymour's suggestions.

If there is still problem, leave a message to
http://cbb.getituponline.com/

I remember there did exist a problem with email address display in NewBB2.

jdseymour

Yes phppp. He is currently using newbb 1 though.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 13:05

• nightshade

• Just popping in

phppp, the things that he listed are the things that he actually did to the forum when he logged into it. i am now upgrading, in the hope that this solves the problem. and thanks for the link and tutorial jdseymour---your site is just incredible.

nightshade
Re: now i cant log into my forum after the upgrade
  • 2005/6/18 16:30

• nightshade

• Just popping in

i followed your suggestion jdseymour and did the upgrade. i followed the toturial on your site to the letter. NOW an even WORSE problem has occurred, as im not able to get to my forums log-in screen at all. let me explain, when i first finished the download, everything was well, i was logged in as the admin and went into the forums admin section with no problems. i made sure the settings were the same as the old forum, with only registered users being able to access the forums. then i logged out, took a break, had been working on it for 15 plus hours, and came back now to log in with a test user to see if i can see the email addresses of my registered users, and for some reason I CAN'T GET TO THE LOG IN PAGE. the browser keeps refreshing on the same redirect screen that says i don't have authorization to view this forum. it used to say that before the upgrade, ut would redirect to a log in page. now it doesn't it just continues to refresh over and over again.

Jdseymour, i followed your advice and deleted the special rights of the user, but your jdseymour user id is still the same as when you first created it. if you get a chance i'd love for you to just go to the forum again so you can see what i am talking about with how the screen just keeps refreshing. i know im probably not saying it right or using the right term for whats happening.

before i was baffled...now, well im just way too close to quitting. cant believe it has been so hard.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits