gtop00
Re: Adding Fields in Registration
  • 2005/4/20 16:03

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

winnesoup wrote:
Also look at what our core programmers are saying about this feature for 2.0.1! Maybe we will be to late by then (gladly)

If XOOPS ver.2.1 or 2.2 will released next summer, it means that it will take us (the no programmers) more than 1 year to deside that everything is ok and upgrade!

I believe that we can use this hack meanwhile.

ALFA-FOXTROT

Well people I said before.. that if u need any help in translating my hack just ask... no prob. in that...
just post ou send me a email to alfa_foxtrot@hotmail.com

Mithrandir

I will be working on releasing XOOPS 2.1.0 First Alpha during the prolonged weekend.

This release will not hold too much new functionality as the major reorganisation has been postponed to the release codenamed "XooSphere".

The first alpha of 2.1.0 will have a bunch of bugfixes, some patch additions and these new features:

1) PM Module instead of in the root of the core - this will not have a lot of features, but will be prepared for more changes

2) Dynamic user profiles - this means that modules can add new fields dynamically and with a new module (included in the core) you will be able to decide which fields shall be visible on the user profile, which fields shall be on the edit user screen and which fields shall be on the registration form. New custom fields can also be created in this module. The user profile can also have different fields depending on which group(s) the viewed user belongs to as well as which group(s) the viewer belongs to.

3) Admin area can be themed (don't expect revolutions in the admin area in the First Alpha, though, but the possibilities are there to customise the administration just as much as the frontend)

gtop00
  • 2005/4/21 16:19

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Dear Mith,

Thank you very much for the update.

The "Dynamic user profiles" sounds excellent to my ears' it is exactly what I need.

Bearing in mind that I am not a programmer, please help me to take the big decision;
- Should I wait to upgrade to XOOPS 2.1.0 or wait for XoopSphere?
- Will it be necessary to translate the core in foreign languages (Greek for example) or the existing translations/language versions will be ok?
- Since XOOPS 2.1.0 sounds like an extensive upgrade, will existing modules work?

Thank you very much again.

Herko
  • 2005/4/21 16:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XooSphere will not be ready for a while, so why wait when it's available in XOOPS 2.1/2.2?

Some new language constants need to be translated, but most of the translations are still appliccable.

2.0.x modules will work on XOOPS 2.1/2.2. But, some features available in XOOPS 2.1/2.2 need to be implemented in existing modules, so in short: it will only get better

Herko

gtop00
  • 2005/4/21 16:32

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Thank you Herko, you all help a lot!

ALFA-FOXTROT

It would be helpfull it the "Dynamic user profiles" as mithrandir says could have the choice of creating comboboxes... so that the user could not "lie" about a certain field...

This is just an ideia... what u think???

Mithrandir

Way ahead of you. Checkboxes, selects, group selections, text areas, language, timezone... and more to come. If the field is configurable (set by module developer) you will also be able to add or remove options in the selects etc. (not language and group selectors, though)

You also decide which fields are mandatory to fill in on the edit user/registration form.

ALFA-FOXTROT

exelent... sorry i asked... still a noob i guess... :P

I just made my hack because many had the some prob. as I, finding new options on registration....

:)

Hope on seen the new version... thanks mith.

Mithrandir

Oh gods!

Don't apologize for contributing with what you can to give something to the community

It will take a little while before 2.1.0 is ready for production (I am still aiming for end-June for the stable version) so even though it will make an upgrade a little more difficult if the core is hacked, if it means that a XOOPS user will remain a XOOPS user instead of going elsewhere until 2.1.0 is ready - then go for it

Hoping to see a lot of (non-demanding, please) people trying out the Alpha release after the weekend. (And keep in mind that it will be an Alpha, meaning not even a beta - so some things will be weird, half-finished or broken)

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits