twitaman
Re: Both are great for their respective use!
  • 2004/9/14 18:43

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I am a graphic designer (and no, I wouldn't use MS Paint) but I don't have a lot of coding experience (as you can tell by my questions) but I am learning WF-Sections and I do think it's pretty complicated. But I also think it's worth it if you are going to have a site that really relies on various kinds of articles.

And remember, the WF people are working on some much needed documentation for the module too. So in my opinion, it's a good module, that is only getting better.

Oh, and one of the most important things that XOOPS can do is incorporate a cross-platform wysiwyg editor into the next version in my opinion.

theprof
  • 2004/9/14 19:05

• theprof

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/14

The NEW soapbox version is just awesome! I didnt even know there was an newer updated version until about 3 days ago. Even though I am not using it just of yet, im sure I will in the future.....

WF- is just too complicated right now for me..I do not have the learning curve patience for it

libervis
  • 2004/9/17 2:30

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Is there some type of conversion script from wf-sections to soapbox.. just in case i decide to switch.

I'm using WF from the beginning and while yes, it is very featurefully and has a great potential. It just can sometimes be too much. I still havent figured out how can i display images the way i want it, how to change the featured articles displayed and so on.. It embarasses me that i can't do this. It makes be out of control of some aspects of my own site content and that's what i dislike. I need something that works and has a fair features, but also something that has a future. I think that WF-sections and soapbox are the best XOOPS article managers and i'll try soapbox now and see if i'll switch.

Thanks
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/9/17 3:37

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

I just tried soapbox and it's beautiful, i'm impressed since everything works well. However, i lack some of the options such as in the first place the ability to link directly to forum for discussing the article. And also i more like the approach of categories than columns, but that's something i could settle with. Also, i'd like to change that "Soapbox" title un the upper right corner to "articles" or remove it.

I don't know if i'll switch to it yet, and i can't switch if there's no way i can transport the existing stats from WF to Soapbox. I may do it manually, but i gotta know where is that information stored to change the stats of the articles manually. I have only three articles posted so far so i can do it that way.. Or if there's a conversion script i'd be happy to try it.. that is, if i decide to switch.

Nice work hsalazar!
Thank you
Daniel

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits