nbecu
Re: module to integrate phpgedview into my xoops site
  • 2005/9/28 17:30

• nbecu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/16

I now tried the php (as well sql) debugger and I tried changing themes.

When I have the PHP debugger I have no warnings at all!! Not about some missing files or about anything (the only I get is some repeated value in the multiMenu module)

Now, regarding themes
- changing to x2t makes no difference (still a blank page to admin pgv links and to pgv main user page).
- I have a problem with the default theme; it doesn't show anything when I go back from the admin menu to the main page. I get a blank page with a blue rectangle at the top of the page. I can't figure out what's wrong.
- I also tried one of your theme. I picked Cloudy. And there I have a Fatal error "Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/..../header.php on line 57". In the header.php file the line 57 is "themeheader($xoopsOption['show_rblock']);".

Anyway, I don't think all of this is related to the problem I have.

I'm gonna try downloading phpGedView 3.3.5 once again. Perhaps I miss some files.

skenow
  • 2005/9/29 3:10

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The themes with the pgvxoops patch are only PGV themes - they go in the modules/pgv/themes folder. If you have problems with your default XOOPS theme...

In general preferences (administration menu > system), set update module template .html files to Yes, and go back to the user side. You may also need to clear your template_c folder.

nbecu
  • 2005/9/29 14:31

• nbecu

• Just popping in

OK, I think I'm clear with all the pre-conditions now and all the recommendations you gave me. My default theme is on and is running. I made sure that I don't miss any files from phpGedView. I've clear the template_c folder, I've upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.13.1 etc.. etc..

So the result is ........ still doesn't work !!! BUT, now, when I click on the link to editconfig.php (I don't get a totaly blank page anymore) I get the XOOPS admin page environnement (the module list on the left, and the XOOPS admin menu bar on top) but the content is blank except this text " {pgvsplit} ".
I've put on the debugger and checked if there was anything wrong on this page, but no there isn't.
Any idea?

skenow
  • 2005/9/29 18:53

• skenow

• Home away from home

The '{pgvsplit}' output should be buffered and not displayed until the buffer is flushed. You may have settings in your PHP configuration that has disabled output buffering. I have been trying to duplicate your results, but have not.

Check your modules/pgv/xoops_headfoot.php - make sure the code didn't get messed up during transfer. Also, make sure there aren't any extra lines after the last ?>.

Looking for ways to ensure the output buffering takes place.

script_fu

Thank you for a wonderful module. I've been testing this and so far I like it very much. I still have alot of tweaking to do for my theme. It still doesn't look correct but a whole lot closer tonight.

Ty
Awesome Work!
Billy

www.purewolf.com

nbecu
  • 2005/10/13 6:57

• nbecu

• Just popping in

Hi,
May I as on which version of XOOPS you are. Until now I couldn't make the module work and perhaps it's a problem of version. thanks

script_fu

XOOPS 2.0.13.1

skenow
  • 2005/10/31 0:49

• skenow

• Home away from home

@script_fu: Thanks for the feedback. I give a lot of credit to the developers of PGV and the first coder to port it to XOOPS to get me started.

Just a bit of a note on themes within PGVXoops - IE renders the charts a bit funky and I had to add some different stylesheet definitions. Check out the msie.css files in each of the themes I included.

peterr
  • 2005/11/10 10:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Is there a working XOOPS site where the PGVXoops module can be demonstrated please.

edit: .... oops, I just foundhttp://www.purewolf.com/modules/pgv/

Peter
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

kellirung
  • 2005/12/6 18:16

• kellirung

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/6

Hi,
its great to see something like this exists. I am planning to move my site to xoops.
Was wondering if this pgv module would work with the latest XOOPS 2.2.3 and phpgedview 4.0?

thanks...
kellirung

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits