maxxy
Re: My tabs 1.0 alpha is released for feature requests
  • 2009/1/4 16:25

• maxxy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/6/11

thank you trabis

Quote:

If no image is found mytabs will use a blank image.

no blank image..which image you use ?

+typo
in spotlight block option [Description lenght]

request+
- option to select/upload image in spotlight block option
- option to make the image in spotlight block(in description&navigation) - stretch/center/tiles etc if its too small

that's for now..more later

trabis
  • 2009/1/4 16:40

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

$thisblock['image'] = ($item['image'] != '') ? $item['image'] : XOOPS_URL . '/uploads/blank.gif';

This one is for blank!

Anonymous
  • 2009/1/4 20:26

• Anonymous

• Since:

The spotlight block looks awesome! I tested it with the news module but found out links don't work except for the "read more" from the main article.

The back, forward etc links, what is the use of it? I don't see the use of it and like to have the option to remove them.

Is it possible to change the skin? Would be great as this dark gray does not fit many themes. I also like the ideas as supposed by maxxy. Particular the possibility to upload and resize the main image yourself.

trabis
  • 2009/1/4 20:54

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

flipse wrote:
The spotlight block looks awesome! I tested it with the news module but found out links don't work except for the "read more" from the main article.

No html permited inside description, all tags(except breaks) are striped, imagine if you have a image inside!

Quote:

The back, forward etc links, what is the use of it? I don't see the use of it and like to have the option to remove them.

They are there just to demonstration, they should be included in skin and with option to remove.

Quote:

Is it possible to change the skin? Would be great as this dark gray does not fit many themes.

This is something that theme designers can work with. I have requested Mr.Theme to make a new skin. Anyone who wants to help on this is welcome.

Theme designers: If you think that you need control over the template and not just the css then please tell me. The template is all DIV powered, but it may need extra divs or another div order so...

Quote:

I also like the ideas as supposed by maxxy. Particular the possibility to upload and resize the main image yourself.

So do I but, only thing that I could add is option to chose image from image manager and if you are spotlighting specific items. This is a block, if I go on creating tables for this than I will soon have an image galery
It should be up to the modules/plugins to provide the images.

blackrx
  • 2009/1/4 22:10

• blackrx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/2/5 1

thank you very much for this alpha release

keep up the good work

in case of xoops.org
this new spotlight block will be great to replace the breaking news block

nmshah
  • 2009/1/6 9:20

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Thanks for the great module. Even the alpha version looks great.
Is there a way to use the new spotlight block to display custom blocks one after another.

noo-b
  • 2009/1/6 11:41

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

this should be put into the news...so more can people can test this alpha module..

congratulations to you trabis...

thanks a lot..you made my day...

i really like the new spotlight block...

I Love Xoops

trabis
  • 2009/1/6 13:46

• trabis

• Core Developer

Thanks guys, just want to let you know that I am rewriting the spotlight implementation.
Instead of using all options inside the block we will be using another administration tab for this.
So you will do it mytabs way: first create a spotlight page, then select the page in the spotlight block and set just the effects.

This will allow us to create automatic pages based on plugin or to create custom pages.
For plugins you already know how it will look like, choose categories, users, etc.
For custom pages you should be able to select items you want to display and override title, description, link, image, etc.
This will also allow to create items that are not plugin related.

Anonymous
  • 2009/1/6 19:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

I liked the original idea but this sounds far more better! As a spotlightblock is the eyecatcher from a site it is good to be able to customize it like you want it to be. In case of the plugin related items it would be great to have an option to filter on article id. I can imagine you don't want every new article in the spotlight.

blackrx
  • 2009/1/10 13:06

• blackrx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/2/5 1

hi trabis..any updates ?

i would be starting a new website project soon..i hope i can use the new mytabs ..

is it ok if i use the alpha module before the beta/final is release?

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits