McDonald
Re: Youtube HotLink Gallery
  • 2008/3/9 19:00

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

@ hralph,

Setting up the XoopsTube module is not tricky, it just works as any other XOOPS module: Install the module, create categories, set permissions, add videos.

1. The video on YouTube might be set to private. It shouldn't have anything to do with having a YouTube account. If you can see the video playing on YouTube you should be able to see it on your own website.
After submitting a video check if the thumbnail is there, if not the added id-code is probably wrong.

2. I guess this is a misunderstanding of you by how the module works.

3. When you submit a video from admin section (Video Management) the time of publication is set by intervals of 10 minutes. If you submit a video at xx:45 it will be published at xx:50. If this is a big problem set the time in the submit form 10 minutes back.

hralph
  • 2008/3/9 19:48

• hralph

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/25

Thanks, I'll take another look at it.

the thumbnail is there and I can watch the video from my daughters machine but not from mine. someone else said they got the message too" Sorry this video is no longer available" but when you click on the outside of the video you get redicted to youtube and it plays from there. Again it still works for most users, there is only two of us that it doesn't work for. The two of us it doesn't work for are the only two users that have used the site prior to installing xoopstube and I wonder if theres a cookie or cache restraint? were also older and have not been to or downloaded from the sites the younger generation goes to and maybe theres a browser add-on the've accuired that I have not? Or maybe Does quicktime have to be the default player??

McDonald
  • 2008/3/9 20:11

• McDonald

• Home away from home

The YouTube movies don't depend up QuickTime but on Adobe Flash Player. The movies are so called flv-type (flash video).
It might have to do with some kind of browser setting on your computer.

hralph
  • 2008/3/9 20:29

• hralph

• Just popping in

Thanks again.. I'm still looking into that.

hralph
  • 2008/3/9 21:25

• hralph

• Just popping in

Great news, the second video finally presented itself.. a few hours later( I think my computer clock is screwed up) this video was playable after I installed adobe flash with a google toolbar( don't ask about the google bar it just came with it) but anyway it worked great.. it even came with the related videos to view, with their own thumbnails. The timing issue is screwy.. I published a third video and set the time 10 min. earlier like you said and after submitting it and checking for it in admin video mngt. it showed it offline and actually published three hours later.??? so in a couple hours that one should be ready. the titles still are not showing up. the url appears to be right"viewcat.php?cid=1" ...it shows the category description and the sorting options; but no "titles" appear?

McDonald
  • 2008/3/9 23:01

• McDonald

• Home away from home

The time has nothing to do with your computer time, but with the server time (the server that hosts your website).
You might want to check the timezone setting in General Preferences.

hralph
  • 2008/3/11 20:18

• hralph

• Just popping in

The timing is wierd, I checked when I setup the account where the server was located(there 3hrs later than me) so that what I set it at and my time is correct as well but still issues. As far as XOOPS tube goes I just publish it 3 hrs early till I can get it figured out. The only problem I'm having is the cat. list isn't populating for some reason. I use WF downloads which has a similar feel and I'm comfortable how that works. I think I'm doing everything right. Like I said the titles show up in the recent and poular lists. I did download it from your site the day it was updated and the first try produced an empty zip folder. I think I'm just going to uninstall,delete and redownload it. Is there anyfiles xoopstube is dependant on?

McDonald
  • 2008/3/11 21:37

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Concerning the time, did you set the timezones correctly in Preferences -> System -> General Settings ??

I can't find anything weird concerning the time. It works fine on my local testsite and on my production website.

Did you set the Permissions for the categories?

XoopsTube depends on XOOPS own files only.

jayjay
  • 2008/3/21 13:52

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/10

Hi McDonald!

Thanks again for a great module! I have written a plugin for the great whatsnew module from ohwada.

Can you give me your mail address via PM? I'll mail the file so that you can add it to some next release.

McDonald
  • 2008/3/21 14:28

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Done!

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits