builderb
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2004/2/17 22:41

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I've been thinking about that myself. In fact I have 2 clients that have requested that feature and I've accomodated them by creating a second listing. It's not the best method but It's the only way I can do it for now without passing up revenue.

There would have to be some additional fields to the DB in order to accomodate multiple categories so I'm waiting until I have the bandwidth to work on that feature.

-builderb

javier
  • 2004/2/18 15:06

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

Thanks for this great module builderb

first bug,well is not a bug.

the <{$xoops_url}> is missing in the xdir_index.html template file.

To fix simply open the xdir_index.html template file and
change

<td align="right"Business Owners<br><a href="/modules/xdirectory/submit.php"><u>click here</u></a>

to
<td align="right"Business Owners<br><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xdirectory/submit.php"><u>click here</u></a>

sorry for my terrible english
grettings

builderb
  • 2004/2/18 16:12

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for catching that! I thought I got all those buggers but 1 or 2 always seem to escape especially when programming at 2:00 am

that is now fixed and included in the downloads.

Thanks javier

-Builderb

rudycash
  • 2004/2/19 20:50

• rudycash

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

I think I love you!!

The single most useful, valuable and functional module for Xoops.

builderb
  • 2004/2/21 2:04

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you rudycash!

That is one hell of a compliment!!

I'm just really happy that we have such a great engine to build our modules on. (xoops) I think the XOOPS team has done a tremendous job allowing us to focus on building modules that will help us all make some money with our websites.

I hope we're able to help all those small website owners begin to generate some income.

-Builderb

ladysham
  • 2004/2/21 17:41

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

BuilderB - I want to thank you for a wonderful module - definitely something that has been needed. And to the whole XOOPS gang - KUDOS!

Builder - Can you help me with something, please. I am going to be having my business listers pay for their listing through Paypal's subscription service so that they can pay monthly and I don't have to keep invoicing them. What I would like to have happen is that when they click to submit their listing, that the resulting page that they are returned to is a page with my Paypal shopping cart. Is there an easy way to do this in the current code by changing the resulting page? Alas, while I can configure almost any script/program without a problem, I am not a true programmer.

Thanks again for such good work.

Kelly Ling

builderb
  • 2004/2/21 18:04

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

I'm actually working on that right now. I've been learning all the ins and out of the PayPal Business account from their website. I'm still working out the process of how it will work when someone submits a listing request.

But I think what I'll do is provide a landing page after someone submits their listing that has the appropriate amount and link to the paypal website. From there they can decide whether to pay for the whole year or get billed monthly.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to pass some variables to the paypal site so when they are finished paying for their listing it will redirect them to a page on our site where it will change their status from 0 to 1 which basically activates their account.

But right now I'm still at the drawing board. :)

I'll let you know if I make any progress

-Builderb

ladysham
  • 2004/2/21 18:34

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

That sounds great. One request though is to still allow for approval of listings. Depending upon the site using your module, many owners would probably like to still approve the listings to avoid any conflicts.

Thanks!

Kelly Ling

builderb
  • 2004/2/21 21:45

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

That would certainly be easier than the solution I proposed and I do prefer and easy solution to a difficult one.

rudycash
  • 2004/2/21 23:56

• rudycash

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

Is it possible to change the map link so it goes to a UK version and also to change the highlited listing colour? This may be a very stupid question that's been asked before but I can't work it out.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits