Moonrakre
Re: protector.php not found
  • 2018/1/13 17:31

• Moonrakre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/6

Hi Mamba,

Thank you. Yes I did read the manual and followed it carefully but manuals can't cope with every case.

Mamba
  • 2018/1/13 20:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You're absolutely correct.

But under normal circumstances Tucan give a good direction.

The mainfile.php and the secret.php are pretty standard files, so once you install it separately, you should be able to just customize them for your existing installation.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

iHackCode

Quote:

Moonrakre wrote:
Unfortunately all the editors were already set to dhtmltextarea. I tried all the other options to no avail.

The module throwing the error is a "content" module (of which there seem to be a number) by a Ben Brown of The Handcoders, Reinarz & Associates. These seem to have disappeared now.

I built the site for a charity in 2010 and it has just run lovely since then, but it was on an old PHP version which has had to be changed, so somehow I need to get it changed at least to the point of being able to edit the content. So yes is it old.

Ah okay, I was worried that the site was somehow set to use an outdated editor.

Yeah you might have to update the module to use a different editor like XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea.

geekwright

Sorry to hear you had so many issues. We did test against 2.3 but since 2.3 won't install on anything that can run 2.5.9, just getting the core running so it could be upgraded was not simple. It would have been nice to have a VM with a real working 2.3 system to test against, but we didn't have that.

From what you described, the manual mainfile.php changes needed in 2.3 to enable protector, caused some new protector code to be loaded before the autoloader for Xmf was started. I'll add a note to the manual to remove that code before starting the upgrade.

Quote:

Moonrakre wrote:
... because the upgrade instructions didn't says to copy xoops_data folder to the installed _data folder (similar to _lib).

Ooops! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll put in a correction for that, too.

Just for reference, the xoops_data instructions are only missing from the quick overview. It does mention that in the detailed instructions:

Copy New Files to the Site
... You should copy the xoops_data and xoops_lib directories to wherever these were relocated during the install. ...

Glad you got it up and running, and thanks for the reports.

Mamba
  • 2018/1/13 22:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Moonrakre,

You might try to test this refactored version of "Content":
https://github.com/mambax7/content

But you should do it on a test site to see if it works for you. Also on you test site, you might test if you could upgrade your current Content module to this one.

The original refactoring was done by Kostas Ksilas, and recent refactoring by Aerograf.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Moonrakre
  • 2018/1/14 20:43

• Moonrakre

• Just popping in

Hi, Thanks Geekwright,

I have messed up today and had to go back to square one, the new instructions worked great. Thank you.

The live installation I have has had the servers upgraded and the lowest PHP available is 5.5 so the site worked as a static site but nothing could be updated. I was able to run the upgrade (in a sandpit) under 5.5 and have now switched to 7.1. Xoops works but most of the addon modules are for earlier versions so I am having to do some rebuilding to get them to work.

Moonrakre
  • 2018/1/14 20:50

• Moonrakre

• Just popping in

Hi Mamba, thanks for this.

I found the Kostas Ksilas version and loaded that, it works except that I can't seem to add a new page. As my priority is to get the charity back working I will stick with that for the moment.

One issue I have is that I was only getting text input, i.e. I could see all the html code, rather than it being wysiwyg which I need for these guys. I found I can still use the Koivi editor once I had changed a load of eregi calls into preg_matches.

Where I'm at is not ideal so I'll get the live system updated and then see if your editor will be better going forward. And yes I am working on a test site first.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits