DCrussader
Re: TDMDownloads 1.62 RC Ready for Testing on XOOPS 2.5.5 RC

Offtopic: Where gone Bitcero, is he still alive and moving ?
May The Source Be With You!

Mamba
  • 2012/4/4 9:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Offtopic: Where gone Bitcero, is he still alive and moving ?

He took a break. Hopefully, he'll be back soon.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:
Creating Category - Weight (which should be position and even SHOULD NOT be mention in the Category creation form and required ?

I agree with you on this one. I'll also look into other bugs.

But features will have to work to next release, if Mage decides to work on it (or somebody else)

Is this module in need of major attention at this time?

I can change some of my priorities around and start working on this module within the next couple weeks. If I start working on it I will attempt to add many features to it. I already exchanged email with the author and they told me they were busy with other projects and would not be able to get back to this anytime soon.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

DCrussader

If you're ready to rewrite 90% go for it :) (but still waiting for Bitcero Transport... was the best download management module among all XOOPS forks at that time of forks)
I'll be 24/7 Tester....

redheadedrod

I will finish up the install system I am working on now then reevaluate this and see where I am at.

Sounds like getting a solid repository system running will be more important than my other projects so I may move the priority of this up.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

DCrussader

Yeah xoops.org is lacking of such, but and TDMDownloads & WF-Downloads are not best options for start one.... Best should be from scratch (damn, why I've discovered PHP so late) :)

redheadedrod

Quote:

DCrussader wrote:
Yeah xoops.org is lacking of such, but and TDMDownloads & WF-Downloads are not best options for start one.... Best should be from scratch (damn, why I've discovered PHP so late) :)

I do understand what you are saying here... In my classes we are getting into some advanced object design in C#. It is making it much easier for me to understand PHP. If I would have been able to start writing code in PHP a few years ago I would be much further along...

As far as the download systems are concerned, I will evaluate this and see what is necessary. No mater what system I choose to start from it will require major rewriting to support everything I am looking into.

To support custom fields I may actually research how to do this more... I actually want to make a plug in system for profile where you will be able to use any module to provide data for profile with a simple plug in. I could make use of that type of system with these as well. Now you got me thinking...

DCrussader

xoops.org don't have modules repository at the moment.
And TDMDownloads and/or WF-Downloads are not good to start as base for such.

Clear now ?

And what we are talking for:

1. Modules Repository with everything for here -https://xoops.org/modules/repository/ ?
2. Modules Repository for installation from installed XOOPS ?

I was talking for detailed, well sorted and maintained up to date XMD (XOOPS Modules Directory), the 2nd one is for 2.7.0 or 3.0.0.

redheadedrod

I understand where you are coming from and Agree in large part.

I have some ideas to build this but like I said, I will return to this once I have my current stuff further along.

It is likely I will look through both of the mentioned modules and pull what I can from them into a newer system. The end module will likely not look anything like the originals even if I use their code base as a start.

My intent is to build a very flexible download module that can be used as a very good file repository. It will support things such as rss feeds, different versions of the same software, delegates and "ownership" of a download thread, Multifaceted voting/rating. Self Migrating mirrors, link checking, possibly support for posting to mail lists or other modules so news items can be made automatically etc.

Once I can get time to code a solution it will be more clear.

DCrussader

Cool, count me in as alpha/beta tester and GUI desinger (from 6 different extensions for download management on 4 different CMS, I can make really nice screenshots of how should look XMD).

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits