Cicco
Re: xRoster 2.3.0 on Xoops 2.5.4
  • 2012/3/15 14:33

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Red, i found that version (2.23) in soundforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/files/XOOPS%20Module%20Repository/XOOPS2/xRoster/)

Mamba, please don't get angry, i've just installed and tested the module and it still has a problems (ONLY) on Title section:

1) unable to edit a Title. When you click on edit button you can enter in edit mode of a tilte but when you click Update the system shows the following message:

Error!
Title_Editor(update, 1, Title 012, 5) in C:\wamp\www\....\modules\xroster\admin\main.php line 399
UPDATE xb18_xRoster_titles SET name='Title 012', weight=5, active=0 WHERE ID=1
Unknown column 'active' in 'field list'

2)Unable to add a title. After clicking on add title section, if you push on Insert button the system shows the following message:

Error!
Title_Editor(insert, 0, dfsfds, 0) in C:\wamp\www\....\modules\xroster\admin\main.php line 399
INSERT INTO xb18_xRoster_titles (name, weight, active) VALUES ('dfsfds', 0, 0)
Unknown column 'active' in 'field list'

thanks to both.
Regards.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/15 14:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Mamba, please don't get angry, i've just installed and tested the module and it still has a problems (ONLY) on Title section

OK, I think, this time it has been fixed. Please download it again and test it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cicco
  • 2012/3/15 14:49

• Cicco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

that's great, now it works, thanks again.

redheadedrod

I will still look at this module to update it with the features I added to my version as well as clean it up a bit. Let me know if you want other features.

Since it is working as is I won't rush it this weekend unless I have time to make some changes to it.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/15 15:39

• Mamba

I just set a /redheadedrod branch in SVN under /xroster/branches:

http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/xoops/?rev=9138&view=rev

so you can start committing your changes there....

Then we can merge it into the trunk.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Roby73
  • 2012/3/15 23:56

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

In admin/main.php column isdefault don't exist
xRoster_Query('UPDATE {xRoster_titles} SET isdefault=0 WHERE ID<>%u'$id);
xRoster_Query('UPDATE {xRoster_titles} SET isdefault=1 WHERE ID=%u'$id);

and error:
0.000144 SELECT id FROM xRoster_titles WHERE isdefault 1
Error number
Error message
Unknown column 'isdefault' in 'where clause'

redheadedrod

I don't think I have write access Mamba unless you added me. My user name on Sourceforge is the same as it is here.

As to the bugs and such.. xRoster didn't use very good programming practices and I will be redoing it so that it will be easier to modify and should use more of the xoops resources. The database stuff was written to directly access the database and it was pretty hacked up.

Since I am going to redo some portions of the code there is no point in worrying too much about any bugs in it because I hope to simplify and clean up the code which should take care of most of that stuff.

I will be working on my project for class this weekend and once I have that finished I will begin working on this.

Rodney

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2012/3/16 6:46

• Mamba

Quote:
I will be working on my project for class this weekend and once I have that finished I will begin working on this.

Excellent! As you doing the rewrite, please document everything what you're doing and why, so we could use it as a tutorials.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

redheadedrod

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

Excellent! As you doing the rewrite, please document everything what you're doing and why, so we could use it as a tutorials.

This is a good idea.. I will email you a couple requests for this with that in mind.

Rodney

redheadedrod

I have your version, my version and the original running on my home machine now.

I will be adding a few things as I mentioned above and I will write a tutorial to go along with it. Since due to a current lack of documentation I will likely be going through the core to figure out how best to do some things.

I will document what I go through so that others that want to do the "blue move" can follow my footsteps and get there. It will also be a good experience for anyone wanting to write modules. I will start with the 2.23 version and add the Module Admin class as you did first. I will actually duplicate your changes and document them as I do them.

I will use this thread to ask about problems when I have them. I am going to start with what you did to add the 2.5 admin and go from there.

This program is a good candidate to upgrade because I already know the program as I spent about 30 hours hacking it before. Plus it has so little xoops related code in it as is that upgrading it to use xoops code will be a good experience for me and anyone else wanting to help with the blue move.

Because I have to get my class project done I will likely only try getting connected to the SVN and put up the original 2.23 code for now and work off that.

Since this will be my first publicly available xoops project I expect to need help on some things.

At the current time I can see needing help on the following issues.

Database access - I have a draft tutorial so hopefully this will be a piece of cake. otherwise I already have looked at the database code and it looks easy enough. The original author directly accessed MySQL and used at least 2 different methods. I have not located the core code that deals with the Criterium stuff but I will look a little more after the weekend.

User information and Permissions - The original code allows an application but does not tie it to a user so you can submit MANY applications from the same account. In my version it will tie it to the user account thus only allowing one application and if they have a record on file they can edit it but it will inactivate their entry if they do edit it. I also allowed for private information that an admin could see but not the public. I used this as a contact form for the coaches as well. I need to know the "proper" way to access the groups and group permissions. I plan to add group permissions to this to allow selected people to be allowed to administer the different groups and such. I hard coded the group into my code but I want to do it the "right" way for this one. Oh and the "Is_Admin" etc does not have enough flexibility in it to do what I want.

Xoops Forms - The application form was mostly a standard HTML form with little to no validation and very little validation before inserting it into the database. I plan to use the above database stuff to make it secure but also make use of the xoopsforms. So I will need help here as well. I believe I saw someone wrote a tutorial on this recently so I will look at that but I will be making use of this as well.

To help allow easy modifications I plan to isolate the fields for the profile and put them in a separate file to make it easier to change. In a future version It will be more like profile but for now I am fine with making a small settings file with directions how to make the changes.

As I mentioned earlier I will document what I do to help others later. Plus it may allow me to finally be able to start working on a module developing tutorial as well once I am done.. So we shall see how it goes.. Wish me well on my project so I can get back to this quickly.

I believe I will get into the xoopsobject and xoopsobject handler for some of this as well.. We shall see...

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits