Anonymous
Re: Xortify 3.03 - Fortify XOOPS - Improved
  • 2012/1/30 0:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

I would suggest adding a warning the webmaster by mail option. Let him know in case a user is banned or when a threshold is exceeded. This also could warn him in case thresholds are too narrow or another error causes respectable users are being banned... I'd like to know what a powerful tool like Xortify is doing in the background, a webmaster block with statistics could be another option.

kidx
  • 2012/3/6 5:39

• kidx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/29

why would you uninstall this just asking or is just on a virtual machine? Also i agree the webmaster should be notified by Xortify so we know who the hackers are and bots are i have alot of bots hitting me right now like google crawl bit i want all thoise bot off my site.

wishcraft

@kidx: it doesn't actually uninstall, if your server/host can't talk on one of the selected protocols to xortify.com it will disable the system xortify temporarily until communication resumes so you don't experience massive amounts of lag and slow page refreshing cause the typical DNS lookup doesn't timeout for at least 20s and if xortify.com is down it could be doing this upto 3 times in the load, which is a total of 60s delay in loading the page, which normally cause we have it on a snappy server is oftern done in under 1 second, which it will only lookup for each individual user of IP, Netaddy, Email, Username once on the system every 24 hours by default.

I hope that has answered your question.

Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

kidx
  • 2012/3/7 11:22

• kidx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/29

maybe you can answer this why wont xortify enable on my site i am having issues with it enableing and google bots are gong to my site crawl bots and i cant stop them.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits