aitor
Re: Teaching Module
  • 2010/5/4 9:27

• aitor

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Take also a look to myquiz module it one year old as i see.

Myquiz module has final response with the errors and correct solution, i think that is better for teaching but also i think that mojtabajml module is better, so take a try and see what is better for you (i hope also that mojtabajml could ad this option to his module).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/myquiz/files/

btesec
  • 2010/5/4 14:31

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

if I am not mistaken there is a chinese or taiwanese module for teaching also, it suposed to be a more advanced mod too probably someone can translate it to english. Do a google language translation on the site to see for your self.

xuanyuu
  • 2010/5/5 1:15

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/15

i tried myquiz, but this module doesn't allow me to have long question and unable to upload photos.

or u know the way to do these operation?

thank you.

xuanyuu
  • 2010/5/5 1:31

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

mojtabajml

1. how about for the text, how do i create a table in the question? am i able to do so?

2. when i edit the multiple choice answer, and when i click submit, these answers duplicatate.. please help.

thanks.

mojtabajml

Quote:
1. how about for the text, how do i create a table in the question? am i able to do so?

In the Question`s text you can add unlimited text, if you select wysiwyg html editor in module setting you can insert html table,images,etc... but answer's text just accept 255 character.

Quote:
2. when i edit the multiple choice answer, and when i click submit, these answers duplicatate.. please help.

I don't have any problem with that, I think you intall older version then upgrade to newer version, if you did that, uninstall module and install new version.

As I say before that's under development version!

aitor
  • 2010/5/5 5:56

• aitor

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

For long cuestion in myquiz, if you canĀ“t wait to see if mojtabajml add the final response to his good quiz module.

Modifiy with phpmyadmin myquiz_data, optiontext from char to text, something like
ALTER TABLE `x602_myquiz_dataCHANGE `optionText` `optionTextTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Edit file admin/index.php
line 403
from
echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER.$i :</td><td><input type="text" name="optionText[$i]" size="50" maxlength="300" value="".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text).""></td>n";

to
echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER.$i :</td><td><TEXTAREA wrap="virtual" cols="50" rows="4" name="optionText[$i]">".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text)."</textarea></td>n";

line 513
from
echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER.$i :</td><td><input type="text" name="optionText[$i]" size="50" maxlength="300" value="".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text).""></td>n";

to
echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER.$i :</td><td><TEXTAREA wrap="virtual" cols="50" rows="4" name="optionText[$i]">".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text). "</textarea></td>n";

ghia
  • 2010/5/5 7:45

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Check your database collation first, and replace latin1 by utf8 if needed in the ALTER TABLE.

xuanyuu
  • 2010/5/6 6:29

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

Quote:

I don't have any problem with that, I think you intall older version then upgrade to newer version, if you did that, uninstall module and install new version.

As I say before that's under development version!

i am using the version that you posted. and i'd uninstall the older version before i installed the newer version..

thanks..

xuanyuu
  • 2010/5/6 6:33

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

aitor,
i'd change the code, but the question still have only small column for me to write my question. how come the text column not appear?

when i use the code that you provide , it has error, so i change the code

echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER." $i :</td><td><TEXTAREA wrap="virtual" cols="50" rows="4" name="optionText[$i]">".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text). "

there's \ between the variable.

please advise. thanks

cms1978
  • 2011/3/11 10:40

• cms1978

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/5/23

you need a ; at the end of a echo statement

this might fix it, or a good part

echo "<tr><td>"._MYQUIZ_ANSWER." $i :</td><td><TEXTAREA wrap="virtual" cols="50" rows="4" name="optionText[$i]">".$myts->MakeTboxData4Edit($Text). ";

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits