Themis-T
Re: Modules can't be deactivated.....
  • 2009/6/30 12:46

• Themis-T

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/3 7

Hi skenow,

Thank you for your answer.
You know, this could be a great help. Actually the installed modules at my site are 37.
I have to say that I need more than 28 in any case.
Ans yes, other actions on the page (install, update and show information) do work well.
The site is on a shared server, so I don't know if suhosin is installed (I don't know what suhosin is anyway).
I will ask my hosting provider. But I don't think I can change parameters like the one mentioned.
So, in my case, can you tell me how many post variables should be allowed?
Let me guess... 260?

Thanks again

Themis

PS: Does anybody know if this can be done using a php.ini file?

ghia
  • 2009/6/30 13:34

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some background to read.

Themis-T
  • 2009/6/30 14:32

• Themis-T

• Just popping in

Thanks ghia.
So, if I get this right, I need to have max. 4 groups of users. Am I right?
Quote:
With a standard install of SUHOSIN the permissions tab in User Profile will not work with more than four groups - yes FOUR groups!

I have 6 groups of users:
Webmasters
Anonymous
Registered
and 3 more that I have created with different access permissions. I suppose I should delete 2 of the groups I have created. But before that, do you know if there is a way to avoid this?
I submitted a ticket to my hosting provider but I couldn't understand their answer.

Quote:
Hi Mike I'm having some problems with my site. It is based on a CMS, and lately I noticed that I can't uninstall the modules or deactivate them. This is certainly a PHP matter so could you please give me some information about the PHP installation? I need to know if "suhosin" is installed and what is the limit of post vars (it probably is and limits the number of post vars to 200, by default.). If it is installed and the limit is 200 (the default one), is it possible to change the "suhosin.post.max_vars" directive to allow more post variables? This way it is certain that my problem will be resolved. All other functions do work well, because they use "get variables". Thank you. Themis

And their answer:
Quote:
Sorry its not possible if you still want us to do you have to pay Activation/Setup fee for it and it will be done on Sunday when we will have low traffic. Also make sure we not promise that so might be we will not be able to give it. So don't take it on heart. Thanks

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Themis

Themis-T
  • 2009/6/30 15:19

• Themis-T

• Just popping in

OK...
Here's another answer:
Quote:
You just need to put the following value "suhosin.post.max_vars = value you want to set" on your custom php.ini file. Best Regards mike

My problem now is that if I create a php.ini file, I don't have access to the Administration section, the welcome screen appears but after that it shows me as not logged in.
Any advice on this too?
I'm really going mad....
I've worked hard for this site (I'm not a php genius) and I would really like to keep it the way it is.

Themis

ghia
  • 2009/6/30 16:36

• ghia

How did you create it? Did you copy the original and then changed the values?
Read carefuly the hosters documentation on having these alternative php.ini files (how and where to create and what to put in).
(In some configurations this file need to be in all directories (can be simulated with .htaccess).)

You may also try to add this to your .htaccess file:
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 1024
php_value suhosin
.cookie.max_vars 1024
php_value suhosin
.get.max_vars 1024
php_value suhosin
.request.max_vars 1024
(This is not always permitted.)

Themis_T
  • 2009/7/1 9:34

• Themis_T

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/1 9

Well, I have a .htaccess file just to use the allow-deny parameters and I have entered the php values you advised me but then, I can not log in and the server shows an error (internel server error and a 500 error).
I believe that this is a hosting provider matter.
Also they send me a php.ini file to upload and it didn't work.
Anyone knows why php.ini is not accepted?

Themis

ghia
  • 2009/7/1 12:42

• ghia

As I said before:
- It seems you may not override the values with .htaccess, that's why the 500 error.
- For the php.ini it is possible that it must be in the execution directories. See the hosters documentation. (Possibility is that the servers configuration doesn't allow a custom override of php.ini)

Themis_T
  • 2009/7/2 17:38

• Themis_T

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/1 9

My hosting provider sent me this message:

"We have no restriction on php.ini usage. just make sure they not have permission 777 or 666. Thanks
Best Regards
mike"

The problem is that I have 2 sites
1. based on XOOPS 2.0.16 (6 groups of users - 37 modules)
2. based on XOOPS 2.3 (3 groups of users - 15 modules)

I tried creating a php.ini file in both of them -with the right permissions- and for both sites I get the same error (500 error, login errors, etc.)

Maybe the php.ini file syntax is wrong
[PHP]
suhosin.post.max_vars 400

Any idea?

Themis

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits