Daethian
Re: Not everyone can send PMs
  • 2008/11/21 18:11

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/3/4 1

ghia yes it is only captcha for formulaire.

I checked the module permissions last night and those are set the same as my other modules.

When configuring permissions to modules I assign them to either registered users or site admin for the common modules. Everyone is a member of one of these two groups first. The special groups are secondary groups so I only assign permissions to those groups if needed. This has worked for all other modules so I am assuming it is the same for the PM module.
http://www.artfire.com/daethian
My Artfire store- Vintage Jewelry and New Bead Jewelry

Mamba
  • 2008/11/21 18:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Was it fixed in the core or on XOOPS.org only? Can you point out what the correct code is and in which files, so Daethian can verify if she has the good code on her site.

There was no changes to the code - the only thing that I did was to change the permissions to the users, who can see whom. Originally the was no permission to see the Webmasters. There was also no permission for Anonymous users to see Profiles of anybody.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Daethian
  • 2008/11/21 21:12

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

I do not want anonymous users to see profiles or any member information. I do want members to be able to send messages to webmasters, site admin and users in special groups.

Mamba
  • 2008/11/21 21:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You can set it up in the permissions of the Profile module.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2008/11/30 2:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Mamba .. I think this problem back today, I sent pm to you but I got "ckose this window" without any message explain if my pm snt or not.

Daethian
  • 2008/11/30 3:13

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

Mamba yes... I was just explaining why I had my permissions set the way I do. I don't think that is the problem.

Daethian
  • 2008/12/5 1:20

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

Okay here's what is going on.
Regular users can PM each other without any sort of issue.

Regular users can't PM any staff member by clicking on that member's name and viewing their profile. They have to go to their own Inbox and then Search for the Staff member's username and then they are able to send a PM. So the staff member's profiles have permissions blocking registered users from sending a PM via the profile view page. I'm not sure if this in intentional by XOOPS or mod creators.

ghia
  • 2008/12/5 3:28

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The permission should only determine who can send or use PM's and not differentiate to who can be sent to.
The two methods should work alike.

Daethian
  • 2008/12/5 16:28

• Daethian

• Quite a regular

Yes I would think they should work alike but they don't so any ideas what is blocking the staff profiles?

Another thing sort of related is that when a user wants to PM someone. The pulldown to find the username only shows the first 50 or so users alphabetically. If the name isn't there you have to search. That pulldown is mostly useless because we have 1500 users LOL If it had some ability to jump ahead to another letter it would be more user friendly. Or remove it all together and just leave a search box.

ghia
  • 2008/12/5 17:13

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I assume it is a bug, that will be corrected in 2.3.3. Don't you have also custom user groups (other then the three predefined)?

For sites with many users, a quick alphabet selection (like in the downloads) will resolve only partial the problem. I think a double selection for the two first letters is needed to have a list small enough to handle.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits