sailjapan
Re: symlink - template_c folder

Quote:
How old are the modules that are giving the red links?

Not that old, and only Myalbum-p from GIJoe (which is working fine). I've upgraded modules fairly religiously unless the newer version didn't work.

The problem I think I have (and thanks for the symlink link btw) is that the default template set has doubled up on some of the templates, meaning that it thinks it has two templates (which are identical in the code they consist of and even have the same name) with different DB records.
Look at this:
Resized Image

The upper template is at /modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=edittpl&id=2059
The lower template is at /modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=edittpl&id=4062

The contents of both templates is the same. Exactly. If I go to the blocks area of admin, only one block shows.
Resized Image

I get the feeling my DB has somehow got corrupted (and yes, I've done all the usual maintenance stuff).

I've tried deleting templates and regenerating them (some cannot be regenerated as XOOPS reports that the files do not exist).

The site is limping along, as it is, and the users are not aware nor particularly effected. It's just that I know that something has gone wrong somewhere, and that upgrading it in the future is going to make it even more wobbly.

Any other takes on the situation? Anyone else like GPboarder with similar problems?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

GPboarder
  • 2008/11/12 14:10

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I'll give JAVesey's suggestions a try and report back.

I upgraded from 2.2.4 and never had an install of any other version in case that matters in some way. My intro to XOOPS was 2.2.3 installed automatically by the host.

I have the following modules:
System 2
User profile 1.51
Private Messaging 1
WF-Links 1.03
CBB 3.08
WF-Downloads 3.2
Protector 3.2
THAdmin 1.1
Marquee 2.46

Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

sailjapan

hmm... I think I'll sleep on it. John is probably right with his recommendations. I wonder if the db can handle it...

maybe I'll just wait for XOOPS 3 and do a complete rebuild of the site then. It'd give me an excuse to study MySQL
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

GPboarder
  • 2008/11/12 16:11

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I tried JAVesey's first suggestion. Quote:

1. delete the class/smarty/plugins and class/smarty/xoops_plugins folders

2. upload the same folders from the 2.3.1 package

3. update the system module

and no success. When I cloned the default templates, I got this error message:
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/tplfile.php line 264.

The cloned templates reflect the same number as the default set however when I view the list, there are some that are not generated.

Resized Image
Using the default template set, my menu looks normal.
Using the template set I just created, the left menu is extended into the rest of the page.
Resized Image

Resized Image

My apologies for the pictures, but that is the best I can do with the tools I have at hand at the moment. Hopefully this gives a bit of insight.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits