raymia
Re: eXtGallery idea. does this make sense?
  • 2008/9/23 13:40

• raymia

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/25

i think i understand yes. but i see a problem in that. just pretend i want to upload multiple files. like 2000. if you mean to upload 1 pic after another it's going to take endless amounts of time. there should be an way to zip files. upload them and then unzip them on the website or inside the module. little time uploading lots of pleasure watching.

just think critisize and add you ideas or opinion.

sailjapan

hmm, hadn't imagined needing to upload thousands...
would anyone other than admin need to do that?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

raymia
  • 2008/9/23 13:56

• raymia

• Quite a regular

yes 10 people have access to the site. it's a website about tractor pulling. they make around 800 pictures in a weekend. they are now busy for 4 years. all pictures need to be uploaded. so 2000 pics is just a guess(it's much higher). it must be enabled to upload large amounts (seen as details) and small amounts (seen as big pictures for certain pictures to be uploaded). it isn't easy i know (i'm not a programmer and i tried alot of programming and i threw my program and disks on the streets from 4 high.):P but i think zoullou can do it.

but the admin needs to have a way to upload 1 folder to 1 certain batch folder that's connected to 1 category on the site. if you add another folder you can connect that to another category via preferences.

and if you overwrite that batch folder all the images will be automatically added to that certain category.

sailjapan

wow. that's a lot of photos. wouldn't it be better to have them sort out the best photos and only upload them. Even professional photographers are lucky to get 10 good shots out of 100... and if they're all going to be uploaded full resolution, you're quickly going to run out of your storage or bandwidth limits...
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

raymia
  • 2008/9/23 14:25

• raymia

• Quite a regular

problem is i may not choose. i want to change the format. quality needs to be good but not best. i got them from 80 kb to 25 kb. so i still got some room. but all pictures are wanted. but did i explain my problem and idea good enough?

sailjapan

Yup, you explained it well enough. Just have to wait and see if anyone can suggest some code. Good luck

raymia
  • 2008/9/23 14:47

• raymia

• Quite a regular

i can't code but i want to make a list and send that to zoullou.

raymia
  • 2008/9/25 7:14

• raymia

• Quite a regular

problem is my outlook isn't working. and it is an email adress that must be used.

raymia
  • 2008/9/25 7:15

• raymia

• Quite a regular

problem is my outlook isn't working. and it is an email adress that must be used. so i cant 'register

raymia
  • 2008/9/25 7:15

• raymia

• Quite a regular

Sorry double posted

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits