Anonymous
Re: HOME BUTTON takes one to INDEX.php Page~How to correct
  • 2008/6/24 17:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Runeher wrote:

You have to disable the indexing feature in your hosts control panel... don't remember what it's called but take a look...

Yep - try this too. You need to correct the fundamental problem rather than micro-manage individual links which are fine for other xoopsers.

NoLimit24_FJ

Hi JV,

Ok...that corrected the problem with that "home" button in main menu...but hmmm....it messed the theme up completely as far as background, etc..

I changed in mainfile.php and added /index.php as follows in bold...However, if I change that on root file...it gives me errors and cannot get to main...any ideas on why that change woulld mess up theme?

('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/nolimit/public_html/xoops');
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/nolimit/public_html/xoops');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
// Example: define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://2nolimit.com/xoops/');
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://2nolimit.com/xoops/index.php');

NoLimit24_FJ

And...with the above change, one cannot log in ...so guess the mainfile change is not exactly working as should...

preachur
  • 2008/6/24 17:56

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Am I stating the obvious? It seems to me, all you really need is a index.htm page in that base directory with a http redirect to the page you want them to be directed to with a zero second delay....

OR just hard-code it by editing modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_mainmenu.html

Instead of using the XOOPS standard for the home link enter the URL you want the home button to point to.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

Runeher
  • 2008/6/24 17:59

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Btw. You change the link for the logo in it's theme's theme.html

NoLimit24_FJ

Hi Run...

Here is what I see in the file you sent me to...

<table cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td id="mainmenu">
<a class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/"><{$block.lang_home}></a>
<!-- start module menu loop -->
<{foreach item=module from=$block.modules}>
<a class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$module.directory}>/"><{$module.name}></a>
<{foreach item=sublink from=$module.sublinks}>
<a class="menuSub" href="<{$sublink.url}>"><{$sublink.name}></a>
<{/foreach}>
<{/foreach}>
<!-- end module menu loop -->
</td>
</tr>
</table>

As you can see, I am no expert on this and do appreciate the efforts to help coming in...where in the above do I adjust this?

Or add the coding you mentioned...?

Thanks
Jim

preachur
  • 2008/6/24 18:04

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

In other words change:
<class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/"><{$block.lang_home}></a>

in the file modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_mainmenu.html

to:

<class="menuTop" href="http://2nolimit.com/xoops/index.php"><{$block.lang_home}></a>

You can see where I entered the URL. You can change that to whatever URL you want the home button to point to.

NoLimit24_FJ

I did as you directed and it still is pointing to the index.php files/directory page

my page ishttp://2nolimit.coom

On main menu in left column you will see "home" button...I am going to later have to figure out how to get them to not run together as you see...

Anyway...just wanting to let you know I did that on coding and still does not point to direction we need but the files/directory page...

Thanks again and if any further suggestions...I am open to trying them all

Jim

preachur
  • 2008/6/24 18:21

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

After you make the change be sure to delete all the files in the templates_c folder and refresh your page. Also make sure the "check templates for modification" feature is turned on in admin/preferences/general settings.

"Check templates for modifications ?

If this option is enabled, modified templates will be automatically recompiled when they are displayed. You must turn this option off on a production site."

NoLimit24_FJ

Hi Run,

Well I did all that and now the "home" button on main menu simply does not work at all...also, if you click on other links in menus, you will see some work fine and others don't...

It may be that I need to disable what you mentioned in early post, but not sure how to do that...

And, beginning to wonder if changing host providers will solve a lot of problems...I get this from just reading over JV posts and his comments...if anyone knows of good host that works well with XOOPS please email me as I don't want to get an advertisement started here which is probably against the rules...but ready to get this thing fixed too...

I will appreciate any further thoughts from Run or JV or anyone else...this is what drives me back to XOOPS over and over again...

Thanks
Jim
http://2nolimit.com

you can click on my page and get an understanding of what we are having probs with by clicking all t he left menu links

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits