wishcraft
Re: x-torrents 1.06 error

That will happen peter, but not in this version, you will have to set for open tracker maybe you shouldn't turn on the option 'closed tracker' for the moment, I have to modify the download page so it edits the tracker file.. for the passkey.. for the moment if you notice that option is Not Implemented...

it is 9:16pm, I have already put the tables in it, maybe tomorrow or next week I might have some time to implement it through the week.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/1 10:24

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/29

Okey mate, i will do so thanx for the fast reply

Greetz,
Peter

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/1 10:29

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

Set it to open tracker and it works...

Thanx mate

wishcraft

Well Just for you Lord Peter i stayed up late on my xoopsends, and made it so the pass key worked, just download the same archive you can copy over the top.

Resized Image

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/2 7:16

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

Goodmorning from holland,

Thank you very mutch, i will download the file again and copy them over the existing ones.
Thanx for al the hard work and to do this in youre free spare time. Really great

Greetings,
Peter

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/2 9:45

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

I keep doing something wrong and i dont know what.
When i created a torrentfile and put in tracker option the urlhttp://www.mysite.eu/modules/xtorrent/announce.php
When i tried to seed this torrent i got the message tracker status invalid url and tracker url i only see the passkey without the correct url path. Is there an option to correct this and where? by the way thanks for changing the topten.php with the correct value's, i was suprised by it
I try'd to change it back to open tracker..didn't help, maybe a chmod problem ?? i'm a little bit stuck

Greetz,
Peter

wishcraft

Yeah I noticed that about the passkey stuff, what you have to do is after uploading the torrent you need to download it again and merge it with the existing file in your utorrent or bittorrent etc.. you can reuse a passkey if you want when mounting them in the future but I would advise against this as a passkey is like a username.

I may make a modification that you have to put a something like announce.php?uname=LordPeter to pass the first intial passkey test.

Currently with a closed tracker you need to do this to mount it on the service, as it needs a passkey to work. Also currently there is a minor bug that if you do not specify a tracker to begin with the torrent will be corrupt.

I will have a go at fixing that but for the moment, you will have to mount and merge. Partly this is because if you use a torrent that is from a remote TDL, it will mount it in your tracker as well as allowing them to use the pre-existing one.

This is how p2p works, otherwise files have no ability to spawn onto your network. This is in the condition of putting an URL in rather than uploading a file.
Resized Image

wishcraft

Also peter it sounds like you didn't do an update after copy the files over the top, goto admin -> system admin -> modules and click on the first orange icon in the module item this will update the module.

There is a setting where you can set the location of the tracker of the module. Without this you will get this error. There is a setting in this module that wasn't in the first RC0 that was released.. You will need to run this and the URL should appear correctly..

Resized Image

LordPeter
  • 2008/3/3 11:49

• LordPeter

• Just popping in

I updated the modules like you told me to, butt still getting the message tracker sending invalid data < null >.

Maybe this has something to do with creating the torrent file himself, i will let you know.

Thanx for the support.
Greetz,
Peter

wishcraft
Re: x-torrents 1.30RC - Tracker Error

Hmm not sure peter, it all worked in my test of the latest version.. Perhaps you should check the checksum of the file to make sure you have the latest version, there was a couple of quick patches in version releases of it..

This was with a closed tracker and an open tracker with utorrent, between here and the UK.

The checksums are in X-Torrent Wiki Article.

You can use hashcalc to check them if your on a windows platform

http://bin.chronolabs.org.au/hashcalc.zip

---------

Did you remember to download the torrent again with the passkey and merge it with your orginal mount. This is if you are using a closed tracker.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits