MinnesotaW
Re: Site Hacked, look at the script they used and help!
  • 2007/8/25 16:11

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
EDIT:
When somebody hacks a site they normally leave something behind (a message or files). Speaking about files, did you check if somebody stored big files somewhere?
This happened ones with my site where somebody placed some big movie files in a folder. It slowed down my site first until it crashed.

I've been through the entire directory structure looking for altered or new files, and the only thing with todays date was in the cache folder.

We only allow photos with a max size restriction put on and looking in upload there isn't anything in there that is big in size.

In _users in the db there were 2 new entries user23423 and user9846 and new users on the site need to be approved, and we reject anyone that submits a userid like that.

MinnesotaW
It's back!!
  • 2007/8/25 16:51

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Woohoo...it's back.

I finally got back to the admin page, and the blocks that were visible all had 0's in the left block column, so I renumberd the blocks, saved it, boom the site reappeared!

Right now I have no idea how it happened as other than running XOOPS care on it's own, I've not been into the database at all lately.

Very strange, db related for sure, and I want to thank the members that responded helping me poke around the site.

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits