diyroberts
Re: Admin Privileges
  • 2006/10/14 13:00

• diyroberts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/14

Just done that, but still says when i clikc on the administration page...you do not have the right to access this page etc etc!

Is this a common problem? Has anyone managed to fix it?

Dalziel
  • 2006/10/14 13:04

• Dalziel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/13

Yes I tried fixing the permissions on the folders several times - even 770 on all files and 777 on folders just to see if that worked. Diyroberts - what host are you with as I am in the UK as well. This problem is with the unlimited package with streamline.net.

diyroberts
  • 2006/10/14 13:06

• diyroberts

• Just popping in

Thats wierd!...im with the unlimited streamline package too!

Iv had problems with Streamline before, so they're probably not the best for this type of thing. But they support other CMSs.

jdseymour

Can you check with your host and make sure php safemode is not enabled? Also are they using php suexec? Shared or VPS hosting?

diyroberts
  • 2006/10/14 13:34

• diyroberts

• Just popping in

I'll have a look at it another day, iv gota couple more things to do today!
Sorry, but thanks for all our help

Will

diyroberts
  • 2006/10/14 13:36

• diyroberts

• Just popping in

I'll have a look at it another day, iv gota couple more things to do today!
Sorry, but thanks for all our help

Will

davidtillyer

I'm also having this problem, can someone pls explaine clearly what I need to do with this below?

I can find the "cache, templates_c and uploads" files bt whatdo I change the permissions too 755 or 644 ?

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Check the default permissions on your server files and folders. Folders (except for cache, templates_c and uploads) should be chmod 755, files should be chmod 644.
Kind Regards
David

jensclas

CACHE -0755
TEMPLATES_C -0755
UPLOADS -0755
MAINFILE.PHP -0444

from this https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=585 There are others about CHMOD too

davidtillyer

I have now uploaded a range of core mods some old some new and I'm still having the same problem.

I have followed this blog through and nothing has worked. Can one of you core developers PLEASE correct this problem. Many people have surggested many things that I'm sure a lot have us have tried thats having this problem.

My site had now been down for over 1 week all because I wanted to upgrad...now I have nothing.

I upload the software, login as the administrator click on the "admin menu" and it throughs me out.

THIS IS NOT a problem with the ISP, the Host or a firewall, it the code, prob just one line somewhere thats giving us all the problems.

The file thats called on when you click on the "Admin Menu" tabb is "Admin.php" Can a core XOOPS developer look at the code in this file with a focus. Or can a patch be wrighten ASAP.

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
CACHE -0755
TEMPLATES_C -0755
UPLOADS -0755
MAINFILE.PHP -0444

from this https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=585 There are others about CHMOD too
Kind Regards
David

davidtillyer

I have now uploaded a range of core mods some old some new and I'm still having the same problem.

I have followed this blog through and nothing has worked. Can one of you core developers PLEASE correct this problem. Many people have surggested many things that I'm sure a lot have us have tried thats having this problem.

My site had now been down for over 1 week all because I wanted to upgrad...now I have nothing.

I upload the software, login as the administrator click on the "admin menu" and it throughs me out.

THIS IS NOT a problem with the ISP, the Host or a firewall, it the code, prob just one line somewhere thats giving us all the problems.

The file thats called on when you click on the "Admin Menu" tabb is "Admin.php" Can a core XOOPS developer look at the code in this file with a focus. Or can a patch be wrighten ASAP.

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
CACHE -0755
TEMPLATES_C -0755
UPLOADS -0755
MAINFILE.PHP -0444

Kind Regards
David

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits