jordi_rc
Re: I can´t upload images in XOOPS 2.2.3
  • 2006/9/2 8:52

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello all!

I am just a beginner in Linux and XOOPS but I have found the solution.

Is related with the file permission of the IMAGE, not the directory. At least, it worked for me.

I was wondering why so many people have this problem.
The fact is that when you save a picture to a cd for example, its access is changed to read only, but in some linux systems it is recorded as if it has no permission, it seems.

I looked at the file permissions (in my Xubuntu linux) and I see that the file had no permissions at all, even to read.

The solution is to change its permissions to read and write for all, graphically thru the GUI (in my case, thunar) or with chmod 777. Remember, we act over the image file of the avatar.

After this, I was able to upload it.

If you don't have control over this like me, maybe you can upload people files to another dir with some module or the image manager, or ask people to send you the avatars, and then chmod them, and upload.

Please test if this works for you all, and if it does, SPREAD this trick so everyone fixes this. This is a common problem I saw all people have in all XOOPS forums, in all languages.

So long,
Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits