talunceford
Re: BF2 Server Status Module...

Thanks!

This module is FAR from done, as most of the queries are still in dreamweaver format, and I have to convert them to XOOPS queries.
Tim
www.tswn.com | www.bf2online.com | aquaria.tswn.com | www.bf2142online.org

kylgarmor
  • 2005/8/15 0:30

• kylgarmor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/13

hey talunceford. Just thought you might like to take a look at this site. You may be able to use some of the code from his work in your module :)

http://www.brainpecker.com/MultiServerChecker.php

talunceford

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
Tim

talunceford

Update:

Here is the latest screenshot for the module:

Resized Image

I am still hard at work on the module. I've changed the front end somewhat, and am still tweaking it.

Check out bf2online.com for a full featured demo. You can log into the site using demo/demo.
Tim

talunceford

More updates:

Added on-the-fly column sorting. It is done with JS instead of waiting for the MySQL query to go through again.

Fixed a problem with the way that the flags were displayed.

Added on-the-fly sorting of players, #of kills, ping, #of deaths on the query page itself.

Added more servers to the over-all list. There are now over 6900 servers to be queried. If you don't see your server in the list, feel free to add it.

You can demo this out by logging in with demo/demo.

To store your own personal server favorites, register and use your own account to manage your favorite list.

More to follow
Tim

RealyRoten
  • 2005/8/25 8:32

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

This module available for general consumption yet.
This would be very useful on FPS site.
Be gratefully if theres a beta we could test out.
FPS Intelzone
change my email address please to pattang2008@hotmail.com so i can get update notifications...

talunceford

Sorry, but no beta yet. I have yet to find out a way to automate the population of the database with the servers from Gamespy. I have code, but the code doesn't work correctly. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I will have a working beta. Granted, this module is for BF2 specifically. No other games are supported as of this time. Thanks for replying, I will be releasing it within the next few weeks though, with or without the automatic population of the servers. If someone would like to try to get the code to work correctly, please contact me, I would love to have someone else's input on what might be causing the problems. I have a sinking suspicion, that gamespy changed some things.
Tim

talunceford

Ok I have a question here for you guys. Basically what I am doing is this. I have figured out how to take the arrayed values listed as player names on the server, and insert them into the db. The problem is, is that every time that the script refreshes, it adds more entries to the table. Basically what I am wanting to do is script it such that it compares who is on the server to who is in the db. If it finds that the person that is on the server is still in the db, it does nothing, is performs an UPDATE, and moves on to the next arrayed value. If it finds that there is a person on the server that is NOT in the db, it adds that entry. If it finds that none of the people on the server match who is in the db, then it deletes the entry from the db, which keeps the queried players the same as what the arrayed values on the server are. Here is the code that I am working on. It inserts the values fine, but doesn't delete older entries. What am I doing wrong here.

global $gameserver_ip;

$time=time();

$playername $teams['player'][$i]; //<== VARIABLE FROM SERVER QUERY, LISTS EACH PLAYER IN AN ARRAY.  

$q=@mysql_query("SELECT pname FROM xoops_bf2query_info WHERE pname='$playername'");

if (@
mysql_num_rows($q)==0) {

// if not, create dummy entry

@mysql_query("INSERT INTO xoops_bf2query_info SET s_time='$time', p_s_ip='$gameserver_ip', pname='$playername'");
                 }else{

$deleteuser = @mysql_query("SELECT pname FROM xoops_bf2query_info WHERE pname='$playername'");
                 if (@
mysql_num_rows($deleteuser)==0) {

$query_bf2query_playername "SELECT * FROM xoops_bf2query_info";

$bf2query_playername = @mysql_query($query_bf2query_playername);

$row_bf2query_playername mysql_fetch_assoc($bf2query_playername);

$totalRows_bf2query_playername mysql_num_rows($bf2query_playername);

$varpname $row_bf2query_playername['pname'];                 
                 @
mysql_query("DELETE FROM xoops_bf2query_info WHERE pname='$varpname'");
                 }else{
                 @
mysql_query("UPDATE xoops_bf2query_info SET s_time='$time', p_s_ip='$gameserver_ip', pname='$playername' WHERE pname='$playername'");
                 }
                    }

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Tim

talunceford

Well I got the problem figured out. Pretty easy solution really. I got it to where it stores player information, keeps it up to date, just as long as the page refreshes. The information is stored in the db until the server page is refreshed, then new information is gathered and the old is over written.

Here is the latest screen shot.

Resized Image
Tim

RealyRoten
  • 2005/8/26 17:23

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

looking excellent
change my email address please to pattang2008@hotmail.com so i can get update notifications...

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits