Katmando
Re: new page to my site ??.
  • 2003/1/4 15:16

• Katmando

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/4 1

This thread is very interesting and seems to be pretty popular, but this is just a start. Is there any more in depth information on how to expand XOOPS modules.

I have written a work order system in php and I am in the process of re-writing it and I have came to the conclusion that I would like to make it a module in XOOPS (Version 2 actually).

I have been looking around and not having any luck finding any good information to help me with this.

Thank you

Jan304
Re: new page to my site ??.
  • 2003/1/4 18:36

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

VERRY late reaction on freeop,

Your script is nice but needs more checks, on the way you do you create a security hole, that isn't really what you want é?

felix9x
Re: how to make xoops2 module??.
  • 2003/1/8 5:49

• felix9x

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/24

Could anyone who knows post Xoops2 specific information on making modules.

I particularly like to know how the module specific configuration information is specified.
Where to specify admin preferences for a module?

onokazu
  • 2003/1/8 11:30

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Admin preferences for modules can be created by only editing xoops_version.php of each module

Tresend
  • 2003/3/11 12:35

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

guys, the red text in Swisslyons' post DOES work with XOOPS 2!

script_fu

This is a very old post. I've been trying to add one simple page to my site. The page is a formmail page like the contact page with in xoops. Does this code above still work in xoops2?

Something seems to be missing?

I just need to wrap one page what would be the best way?

Ty

P.s.
Im also interested in makeing my own module for an auto parts requestor system. Just a few ideas here so...
I want people to be able to fill out a form and when submitted it posts its self to newbb by state or vehicle type and also emails the admin or whoever is on the list about the post on newbb at the same time...

chapi
  • 2004/4/19 10:49

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Please have a look at the wiki. The things described there are working properly.

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsStaticContent

script_fu

Thanks chapi for the link. I want to build my own module and was hopeing that code above would help. It didn't so Can anyone post the correct basic code like above for creating a small XOOPS 2 module?

Any time that you give would be most welcome. Also if there is a post somewhere already about this Could you post the link?

regards

script_fu

I found a kick start guide thanks to chapi
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=ModuleHowTo
Does anyone have anymore links?

fredski
  • 2004/4/20 12:46

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Quote:
Here is a second possibility for creating your index.php, using an include(); instead of hardcoding the HTML in the php page. This helps make the code a bit more modular and easier to handle.
Create your html in Dreamweaver or whatever editor, then upload all files to this same module directory (myModule) for example)...and use this code to include it:

<?php

include("../../mainfile.php");
include("../../header.php");
include("header.php");
OpenTable();

include("nameOfYourPage.html");

CloseTable();
include ("../../footer.php");
?>

This will work but give you errors due to the fact it's also looking for a header.php in the module directory. if your not going to have a specific header for your module then delete that line in the code i.e
include("header.php");

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits