garbelini
Re: Dokuwiki - A really good wiki working with xoops
  • 2005/2/28 13:26

• garbelini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/10

Sure. If what you need is a webmaster-only edit rights, you got it. Besides that you can use the basic XOOPS rights stuff like hide it from the general public.

I'll go back to it soon and see how hard it is to give individual edit rights for a given XOOPS group/user.

garbelini
  • 2005/3/1 12:36

• garbelini

• Just popping in

I have just updated the authorization guide to use Dokuwiki's ACL.

http://www.garbelini.net/modules/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=xoops:authorization

Speed
  • 2005/3/1 22:38

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Thank you for your continuing integration of dokuwiki into Xoops. I installed it last weekend and have to say that it was very easy thanks to your very well documented instructions!

My only real downside is that I'm having a heck of a time with some of the dokuwiki css but you mentioned that this might be the case in your install notes. That's really just a small hurdle. The css glitches aren't likely to even be noticable by any of my users so in reality this is a non-issue.

I really like the markup syntax. It's very clear. Not having to use camelcase is good. Having the option to enable html is nice. Having a simple button bar with the most common syntax is a godsend for those not familiar with wiki markup.

Page removal took me a bit of reading on the dokuwiki site to figure out (edit the page and delete all content). But that turned into a nice adventure where I learned a lot about other features you can add or that have been added that aren't totally obvious. They have a nice little community over there!

I never could get the other wiki implementations to work very well. As such, I must admit that I started this install with very low expectations.... I was delighted to find however that this dokuwiki integration grabbed most of my css and was working right out of the box in a matter of minutes. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was a native XOOPS module given its ease of integration.

Three thumbs up!

lincy
  • 2005/3/3 19:04

• lincy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/30

Quote:

garbelini wrote:
I have just updated the authorization guide to use Dokuwiki's ACL.

http://www.garbelini.net/modules/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=xoops:authorization

Hi !

I have following the step by step. After all step finished. When I press [dokuwiki] button from mainmenu. I receive this page :

Quote:

Trace: » start
Permission Denied

Sorry, you don’t have enough rights to continue. Perhaps you forgot to login?

I am login as administrator account. Any idea ? sorry for my stupid question.

Speed
  • 2005/3/3 20:44

• Speed

• Quite a regular

I had a similiar thing happen at first too. I had installed previously without the admin-only change noted in the guide.

-----

This is what I did on my installation which got me working:

1) In one of the first files you edit there is a line with something like "* webmaster" in it. Check to see if your administrative group is webmaster or webmasters and ensure this matches.

2) Did you refresh the dokuwiki install in the admin menu? Mine kept hanging up without completing. As this isn't a native XOOPS mod, I wasn't sure if that was correct.

3) Due to that non-completion, I decided to start fresh again. I uninstalled the module via the XOOPS admin menu. Cleared my webbrowser cache. Then reinstalled the module. I now had a dokuwiki icon on the left side of the admin screen which allowed me to add new groups/pages to the ACL. All worked 100% after this.

I have a feeling that if I had deactivated/uninstalled the module, done the changes and then reinstalled it would have worked without a hitch.

Speed
  • 2005/3/3 20:54

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Oh, two more things.

When I first had the ACL problem I edited the dokuwiki configuration php file and turned ACL back off again. I then logged into my site and I could see everything just as I could before. This was a good sign for me as I knew all was not lost.

I do not have the search functionality added in yet. I'm taking things step-by-step right now and don't have much time for debugging and testing with multiple group levels. I wanted to make sure that groups that did not have dokuwiki access did not get dokuwiki results in their searches. I'm pretty sure all will work and the searches won't turn up hidden material but a bit of healthy paranoia is sometimes a good thing.

lincy
  • 2005/3/3 21:23

• lincy

• Just popping in

thanks your info. Anyway, as I follow the clear step by step document. I am succeed to install it with acl on and search part. I can see icon in admin panel and setting the access right.

After some try an error. The Dokuwiki work now. What I do was change the ACL entry :

* @Webmasters 255

to

* @[RealGroupNameInMySite] 255

Sorry, I am using Traditional Chinese language. So, my [name] field entry of [xoops_groups] table wasn't [Webmaster]. I change it. And, It's work now.

Speed
  • 2005/3/3 23:22

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Excellent!

That setting was the one I thought could be the culprit for localized installations. Might be good to note that in the install notes.

lincy
  • 2005/3/4 3:30

• lincy

• Just popping in

Yes, I think the note can help who wasn't use English as default language.

garbelini
  • 2005/3/4 10:03

• garbelini

• Just popping in

I didn't realize localized versions had the group names renamed too, my bad.

It's fixed.

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits