irmtfan
Re: XOOPS 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9.2 disasters
  • 2005/1/13 8:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
It seems to be that the system only takes the layout-information from the default-templateset not from my working-template-set and I don't have a single clue of how to prevent this.

sorry for stupied question but do you update system module after doing changes in your custom templates?
i have not problem with customised that for auto-login hack

Anonymous
  • 2005/1/13 9:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
sorry for stupied question but do you update system module after doing changes in your custom templates?

No, only after upgrading from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 this became my way to make the templates work.

My "theory" was, if there is a module update the template-data will be inserted in the db. But I never expected this to be working since I am doing template changes the "normal" way.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/13 12:08

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

toolsmythe wrote:
I downloaded the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 upgrade yesterday and was starting to look into installing it.

I stopped when I saw that there was a new mainfile.dist.php and in compairing the two, there are differences. I assume that means I will need to merge these differences into my mainfile.php?

mainfile.dist.php and mainfile.php are 2 totally different files.. of course they're different

i ran a diff on them and they exactly the same other than the settings are different obviously..

the dist file is basically the default mainfile that is then written on installation.. check ur mainfile.php in an uninstalled version of xoops.. ie the zip file and you will see the difference even more and possibly see how it works..

in short: no do not merge the 2..

rabideau
  • 2005/1/13 22:39

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Per my promise a detailed XOOPS Upgrade Procedure may be found at:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php/Xoops%20Detailed%20Upgrade%20Procedure

Please note that I have also include a standard alert or warning that XOOPS admins may find useful when considering an upgrade.

toolsmythe
  • 2005/1/13 22:50

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/27

I guess I was a bit unclear on what I diff'ed.

I did a diff on mainfile.dist.php between 2.0.7 and 2.0.9.2. There were differences.

I assumed that mainfile.dist.php was the template that the install uses to create mainfile.php. If that's the case, why wouldn't I need to merge the differences between 2.0.7 and 2.0.9.2 versions of mainfile.dist.php into my mainfile.php.

JP

swighost
  • 2005/1/17 23:57

• swighost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/3 7

I'm sorry to say I just got nailed by this bug and had no clue it existed until I lost my site. Now I am going to have to reinstall it from scratch.

1) Developers, PLEASE make notes in the download sections about these problems!

2) Webmasters, PLEASE make available previous versions of XOOPS, such as 2.0.7.3 or 2.0.7. Only having the latest full version only proves that you are too confident in your own ability to program. That and others might want a previous version for various reasons, including needing to get their original site back.

As it is, I am now going to have to go deal with my non-existant site. Hopefully I'll have a copy of XOOPS 2.0.6 somewhere and can start over. As a programmer, a blank page gives me absolutely nowhere to start from in debugging the problem. All I know is it's a php error someplace in the loaded files which keep it from being executed.

Have fun. I plan on it. Yippee!!!

P.S. Dispite my displeasure I support the XOOPS site and it's efforts and will continue to so long as XOOPS and it's developers continue to provide professional level software and the proper support for it.

brash
  • 2005/1/18 0:08

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

1) Developers can't really be expected to include notes on problems that weren't known to exist at the time of release.

2) Good point! I didn't realise that only the latest versions where on offer from this site. You can get any of the versions from SourceForge

I think we have all done it, but you must be sure to backup both your website files AND your database before ever doing an upgrade.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 0:08

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

if u want the previous versions, they are all available if u look..

you can get every version you want from here:http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41586

i honestly can't understand y u lost your site.. it should be recoverable, i know many sites that upgraded to 2.0.9.2 and have no issues with it.. the only problems i've had myself were on my home pc using the new MySQL versions but i got round that issue anyway..

m0nty
  • 2005/1/18 0:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

toolsmythe wrote:
I guess I was a bit unclear on what I diff'ed.

I did a diff on mainfile.dist.php between 2.0.7 and 2.0.9.2. There were differences.

I assumed that mainfile.dist.php was the template that the install uses to create mainfile.php. If that's the case, why wouldn't I need to merge the differences between 2.0.7 and 2.0.9.2 versions of mainfile.dist.php into my mainfile.php.

JP

sorry now u say it that way, you are right there is a couple lines difference..

the 2.0.7.1 release had an upgrade file which u had to execute if u were upgrading from previous versions, which updated mainfile.php.. so u have a fair point there, maybe a dev can give more info relating to that.. as i don't recall seeing that update file in the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 patch..

louisg1
  • 2005/1/18 1:01

• louisg1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 4

I lost the ability to display tables correctly. for tables that are suppose to have borders on the inside of the table don't. and if i don't use MS frontpage to design the table it looks like crpat when i copy and paste the code from another design program like dreamweaver.

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits