smdcom
Re:Converting my PHPBB database to newbb

Quote:

phoethein wrote:
Why don't ya ask this question @ bbpixel? They are kinda integrating some boards into xoops..Hope u may get some help from there.

i believe they don't want to make a converter script from phpbb to newbb2... i already ask them before..

so, i just uninstall the phpbb-x and install newbb2.. where i find i want to support a great job made by newbb2 team.. it's a nice forum we've here..

cheers

Dave_L
  • 2004/10/31 16:24

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

smdcom

voodoophiles

Very funny

voodoophiles

Quote:

smdcom wrote:
Quote:

phoethein wrote:
Why don't ya ask this question @ bbpixel? They are kinda integrating some boards into xoops..Hope u may get some help from there.

i believe they don't want to make a converter script from phpbb to newbb2... i already ask them before..

so, i just uninstall the phpbb-x and install newbb2.. where i find i want to support a great job made by newbb2 team.. it's a nice forum we've here..

cheers

Yes, XOOPS and newbb are great bits of code ;)

But i cant just "uninstall" phpbb, we have 8000+ members and thousands of posts, im not sure the members would be to happy if we just wiped them off the DB.

So that is the only reason i am asking for a converter, as it would make life alot better for the community.

one last thing is there any way to link phpbb in with XOOPS as a module? running a sepearate DB?

Anonymous
  • 2004/10/31 18:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

As told before we hope to have a converter for the phpbb and invision board ready with the final which will be released on 14.11.04

Tomorrow we release the RC3 so we have 2 weeks left for the converters.

smdcom

Quote:

voodoophiles wrote:
Yes, XOOPS and newbb are great bits of code ;)

But i cant just "uninstall" phpbb, we have 8000+ members and thousands of posts, im not sure the members would be to happy if we just wiped them off the DB.

So that is the only reason i am asking for a converter, as it would make life alot better for the community.

one last thing is there any way to link phpbb in with XOOPS as a module? running a sepearate DB?

are you using phpbb origin now? in bbpixel.com they have a script to convert phpbb origin to phpbb-xoops...

click here

@Predator... sounds great... the next release is what i'm waiting for.. thanks for the info..

smdcom

@voodoophiles but as predator said.. just wait for the converter phpbb to newbb2... it's will be great..

voodoophiles

Quote:

Predator wrote:
As told before we hope to have a converter for the phpbb and invision board ready with the final which will be released on 14.11.04

Tomorrow we release the RC3 so we have 2 weeks left for the converters.

Exelent guys!!

2 weeks sounds good.

Thats all i wanted to know. hence my last question "got an update on the converter?"

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Anonymous
  • 2004/11/1 0:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

voodoophiles wrote:

Thats all i wanted to know. hence my last question "got an update on the converter?"

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Would be faster if we donĀ“t have to work for living and food

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits