falke
Re: What modules do I use for this purpose? Giving up on Xoops
  • 2004/9/12 17:50

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/25

Thanks for your replies....

Mithrandir:I have just tried the latest version of News1.2 and it seems that the awful handling of images in the earlier 1.2 version are fixed, so that it is now possible to use images inside a news article. The grouping of articles in topics is also OK. The big thing missing is being able to have the topics in a dropdownmenu to the left. Neither the standard main menu or multimenu let me do that. I am looking into multimenu right now to see if this is an easy task to implement in it. (I rather look in to imenu, the origin for multimenu because it is more easy just using one menu). What are the policies for hacking an existing module and making it available for all XOOPS users?

JMorris: mypage is news to me, I will sure check it out. TinyD is not new.... I have tried it and think it is easy to understand but it will only let me display one article i full on the frontpage. I might look into it and see if that is easily corrected.... what do you think?

wfsection: Thanks for giving me theses news, mate! Sure, I can wait a couple of weeks for a stable and documented version of WFsections as I think this is one of the most promising module out there.

But the main issue is still here.... XOOPS is a great product with a fantastic userbase and some really good modules. But..... if it should be the huge success that i think is within reach, there must be a easy to use article system in the standard package and some really good instructions how to set up a standard webserver using the standard modules. Because I think most users, at lest to begin with, are looking for a traditional webserver replacement with included download section, discussion board and member functions. I think that XOOPS with its OO structure, theme engine, block- and modulehandling, can make a much bigger impact on the CMS scene than it is making right now.

regards/falke

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits