wizanda
Re: Review,Constructive criticism,On Going Assistance??
  • 2005/7/2 22:31

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I have just edited the Css file, so that text is now adjustable.

I still can't figure out, which bit to edit to adjust the date`s text sizing??

Also why does marque, cause firefox to be over sized and what can i do to change it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

wizanda
  • 2005/12/30 9:33

• wizanda

• Home away from home

The site has now been improved loads to save space I have seperated the site into 2 so there is now

Spiritual Oneness for all comunication i.e. forum, chat, Games, ect
Finding One True Faith With all Info i.e. Articles , Search Engines, ect

I did try upgrading wizanda.com to XOOPS 2.3, yet I had to go back to 2, as it has to many problems.

So can people give me some feed back on how to improve more plz!!

wizanda
  • 2007/3/10 17:45

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Can loads of people check my site at the same time, see how and if that runs perfect now with the MySql changes

Improvements include:

W3C of most of the modules.
Redesign of many of the modules, to includeq and foreachq then to be more centred.
Redesign of XOOPS MySql.
Gzip - Zlib ht.access hack.

mmmmm.....

This is on going constructive criticism, changed it all around so much.

Oh yeh reminds me folding any item with an ID style = display none from Xoops.js, so its is site wide.
Site wide Wiki running with XOOPS and Wiwimod......

mmmmm......and....a

Pm email hack 2.2.5 rc2

+ more...still improving, so any ideas are welcome

jensclas

Well oneness seems to be working well - but the second site you created - can't make that out - it comes up with a jsp site now...???

Anyway = back to onesness - loaded fine for me but don't know if there were lots on at the same time. Dropped in a painting for you.

The search box is out of whack in firefox but the rest of the wizand theme seems ok. I cannot see a sign in on 'wizanda' or phpbb style but can on the aston flower - so there is a lack of consistency there. For what it is worth I don't like having to drop down boxes to find menu items - but that is personal. The tags are good but i wasn't sure what to click on when the search cme up.

Your site is such a unique use of XOOPS - keep working at it.

wizanda
  • 2007/3/11 8:54

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Thxz for the painting Jen

bit unsure on which search box you mean, thought i had fixed it for both (new Google one?)

Ok with the register maybe your right, as it use to be someone joined often, that has reduced....
yet it doesn't help, when we have a display name and username on register, it is enough to confuse me to not join somewhere.
Just when the register is above and in your face, some have said the first thing you see is register and then don't read on....it's a fine line of none pushy ethic and see if people make the effort to do something....
Yet we do need a way of showing the register, yet not showing it or saying register as it is an ugly word, so to ask yet not to be pushy in asking?

jensclas

Quote:
bit unsure on which search box you mean, thought i had fixed it for both (new Google one?)
- I think so - and I was viewing in firefox.

registration? Interesting question. I can image some internet travellers feeling they are being puched into signing up to something they don't want to do (My old man comes to mind - they won't let me in unless i sign up - what am i signing up for? they better not wanna try and pinch my details!) - but what I have on my site is a top block explaining there is lots available on the site that require registration for them to participate.

You could go further - 'to keep this site safe and secure for you, and to keep it free from spammers and those who would spoil your experience is is neccesary to make some parts of this site restricted to those who care enough about it's security to get a login in user name and password. if you wish to know more about how your details are secure please click here.' (After that you would have an 'about' static page that explains in more detaile why signing in is important for security and a promise that you do not harvest email addresses. You could even tell them you can't see their password - they must change that themselves.)

Just an idea - but I think all sites that encourage us to 'sign in' or create an account need to explain just what we are signing in for...even worse are those that say sign up now for your free 7 day trial and if you hunt and peck long enough you discover what they offer is out of budget range anyway so their free 7 day trial would be useless to you! )

Anyway...IMHO I think login whould be visible for your already registered users and i thik register now and an explanation of what benefits there are for those who register should be on every site. HTH

dadoprom
  • 2007/4/4 15:18

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

Hi, it is ok, but I miss one very important think. Your site doesn't have it's IDENTITY!!! There ain't any kind of logo or any other "Trade mark". I think, u should do it. It is very hard to recognize the site from masses...
Everything is possible......
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.mla.sk

wizanda
  • 2007/4/5 19:10

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh have made loads of amazing logo's and then removed them all (still find one of them on myspace/wizanda), as got sick of the whole ethics of it, "I am" not a label, "I am" not a Ni number, I don't need to be in gang to belong...so hear your point...yet when the site is fully finished it will then show what it is in the contents ;-D

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits