Temumot
Re: myads v2.04 jp
  • 2004/8/11 5:14

• Temumot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/11

Hi guys,
I made some changes on MyAds v2.0.5jp beta7 which was released only for Japanese because it is beta version I think.

new features
-- Comment System (like Q & A)
-- Notification System
-- Group Permission System for each category
-- Mail Templetes
-- Confirm ad post via Email (It is as same as XOOPS user registration.)
-- Confirm ad submitter whether like to extend ad duration or not via Email
-- Fixable ad type belong to Category
-- Selectable that the category is postable or not
-- Show new ad list under current category (ex:show new ad under category under current category)
-- Send Notification Email when Question posted.(It also send when Anser is posted by oneself. I couldn't determine to fix it.)
-- Use template for some pages.

I also changed some DB table properties. It doesn't work well with any data made by old MyAds.

It is now under testing. Does anyone please to help testing this?
Download Here

Could you send me an email when you find bugs?
info@peopleon.org
And never ask for Tom the original version holder.

Last, I'm a japanese and don't talk english well. I'm sorry if you feel unconfortable.

Thank you all.

rocket98
  • 2004/8/22 20:21

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Excellent work!!!

I don't care what language you speak we all live on the same world.

You've made my day with these great changes to this myAds module.

Keep on going don't stop now.

Thank you!!

Regards
Rocket98

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 14:08

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

ooh, I'd love to try this version but as you can see:
Mine is customized as well :(
http://www.aviary.info/modules/myAds/addannonces.php?cid=2
Look under the usual form fields to see what I've added ;)

Have you fixed the email problem as well ? I bet you have. The problem was, when an ad expired, the user would get multiple emails over and over and over..

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 14:30

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

You know what else would be nice.. the ability to change the contact type so if someone wants to contact the owner of an ad, it can send a PM or and Email (User selectable or Admin over-rideable).

I'd prefer my users send PM's to each other if they're members of the site and if not, then allow an email contact. This helps return traffic.

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 14:35

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Any chance for a script to move the ads from the old myAds system to the new one? I have a bunch of ads I don't want to loose if I switch to this version.

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 15:06

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

The first time you Click on myAds GROUPS in admin screen and you get:
Warning [PHP]: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 135
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 135
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 255
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: option_ids in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 273
Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 273
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 255
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: option_ids in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 273
Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 273

also, you have a bunch of files with spaces after the final ?> which is causing some "cannot change headers" errors.

Temumot
  • 2004/8/23 15:07

• Temumot

• Just popping in

Hello ChadK,
You are very famous man as a myAds heavy user I think. I've read your much amount of posts about myAds before touching the module.

Quote:

ChadK wrote:
ooh, I'd love to try this version but as you can see:
Mine is customized as well :(
http://www.aviary.info/modules/myAds/addannonces.php?cid=2
Look under the usual form fields to see what I've added ;)

I think mine's been easier to customaize fields for post properties than original, because I changed those four pages (post ad/edit ad by poster/commit ad by admin/edit ad by admin) consists in one function myads_ad_form(...) on /includes/function.php. I knew your work, multi- postable ads. It's very impressive and strong function.
I'd love to learn how it works and maerge.
Quote:

Have you fixed the email problem as well ? I bet you have. The problem was, when an ad expired, the user would get multiple emails over and over and over..

I didn't realize the problem. I'll check it. Thanks.
Quote:

I'd prefer my users send PM's to each other if they're members of the site and if not, then allow an email contact. This helps return traffic.

In my case, I thought it costs to register as a website member. I wanted to make myAds more friendly for annonimous users. Most of classifieds website allaw anonymous user to post. That's the reason why I use email notification. But it's must not be difficult to make PM/Email selectable notification by using notification system XOOPS contains.
Quote:

Any chance for a script to move the ads from the old myAds system to the new one? I have a bunch of ads I don't want to loose if I switch to this version.

This is serious problem I have. I'd like to merge changes to original version Tom treats or take over this. But I made DB table structures changed. So I can't make update file. mnn...year, serious problem. I'm wondering if I can make updater. I need someone's help. I didn't tell this to Tom yet. But, at this stage, I think I have to check it works correctly.
The module is not tested well. The Updater will be worthy of note after that.

Anyway, I will make effort to continue to improve the module.

Thanks for testing.

Regards,
Temumo

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 15:59

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Temumo

I'm going to register a new ads system as a spin-off of myAds and do this thing right.

Call it something like xAds or whatever and we'll move our discussion over there.http://dev.xoops.org/

I'll post my addanonces.php file so you can see how I've managed to get it to post to other sites. It can be done better, using a database so sites could be added and removed by the admin, but I haven't had time yet and now I'm working on xPAY module as well.

I've only left in a couple of the external site posting functions because they can get quite long.

It'd be nice to have this version set up so that we could "share" ads amongst our XOOPS Sites.. like a XOOPS Ads Network. ;)

http://www.aviary.info/phpcode/addanonces.txt

Temumot
  • 2004/8/23 16:30

• Temumot

• Just popping in

Dear ChadK,

Quote:

I'm going to register a new ads system as a spin-off of myAds and do this thing right.

Call it something like xAds or whatever and we'll move our discussion over there.http://dev.xoops.org/

It'd be nice to have this version set up so that we could "share" ads amongst our XOOPS Sites.. like a XOOPS Ads Network. ;)

Will you limit to have conections with only XOOPS sites?

Is it called snoopy? It behaves very simple. So nice. I didn't know about that. How about to read targetted-sites properties written in XML? I don't have any knowlides like RSS. But it must be good to record in XML. It is wide-publishable.
And I think, I hope this excellent function must be an independent module.

Do you agree with it?

ChadK
  • 2004/8/23 16:43

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Yes, Snoopy is what I use but I just noticed there is a XOOPS API for snoopy and I don't need to be including it myself.. but I haven't fixed that yet.
My page also adds a Yahoo Map for the location ...

To start with I think I'm just going to put the remote site broadcasting into a table so the admin can add and remove sites to send ads to. The admin will be able to add/remove any site they want. XOOPS sites or anything else.
I just cleaned up my addannonces.php page quite a bit but I still have a lot to learn about xoops.

I'm not going to start a new project, I goofed on my post, I meant for YOU to start one. ;) You already have MANY more features in yours than I have so it makes more sense to add my remote site posting to your page.

Login

Who's Online

264 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 264

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits