Bender
Re: WF-Downloads v2.0.3 Beta Released
  • 2004/7/4 15:33

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

As much as this is a loss for XOOPS as much this is everyones own decision to make.

So no long speaches let me just say Thank you!

carnuke
  • 2004/7/4 17:29

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Thanks for the explanation, but whoa! Catz what sad news for all of us here at XOOPS to see you go. Your contributions have given major advances to XOOPS modules and design.

We wish you all the best, as always and our thanks for all you have done.

Re wfdownloads, well it actually works like it auta! I mean you can upload files! Thanks to all who made this work at last.

Richard (a sad note to make on my 500 post!)

tom
  • 2004/7/4 23:34

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Is this recommended by the core development, or does it hold any XOOPS certification?

I'm asking as this, although makes no changes to XOOPS core, it does include a .JS file for the root of XOOPS (not module dir), and simple wish to know will this be included as core packages, or at least be recommended by core devs. It appears there is a .JS for each version or xoops, so does this mean with every new version of XOOPS core we would need to wait for a new .JS for downloads before updating to new xoops.

If so then this is kinda like using IPB rather than newbb and having to wait for update before upgrading xoops.

intel352
  • 2004/7/4 23:53

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

this is a branch off from mydownloads 2.2, which is in development at dev.xoops.org. not sure of the core team's official stand on this.

btw, tom, you're XOOPS core, you should know this already :-X

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/5 0:28

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:
this is a branch off from mydownloads 2.2, which is in development at dev.xoops.org. not sure of the core team's official stand on this.

No let’s correct this before we go any further! This is NOT a branch off, but in fact a continuation of Catzwolf's version of the Downloads module that he was developing. (I'm sure you will find many posts in this forum that state this fact).

I really did not wish to have our team brought into the politics of all this, but I felt on this case I should say something regarding this before this all gets out of hand and let the truth be known.

Due to some misinformation, we where not informed at the time that this was a continuation of the Downloads module but we thought this part of the WF series of modules. We only knew of this when Herko told us that we where not allowed to continue to develop this module, the Spotlight and EvenNews modules as they where to be developed at the XOOPS Dev website. Funnily enough, we where only told this after we turned down his offer of joining the module team and talking our development over there.

I believe that Catzwolf has already stated to Herko that he does want or give the XOOPS Module team permission to use his work/code and asked it to be removed for the XOOPS CVS, but Herko has ignored Catzwolf completely regarding this. So it's a case of don’t do has I do but do as I tell you?'

Quote “not sure of the core team's official stand on this”

Stand on what? What s**t is this? This is supposed to be ‘open source’ and unless the definition of GPL and GNU has changed since I last looked, then we are quite within our rights to modify/change and distribute the code in whatever form or shape unless otherwise stated. Are you trying to tell me that no one else has ever modified and release another version of a ‘core’ module? I beg to differ on this one =)

Maybe you should change your license to ‘control ware’?

Well, all I can say I now completely understand why Catzwolf decided to leave.

Totally bewildered.
Liquid

tom
  • 2004/7/5 0:41

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

I simply asking, because I wished to know how easy it would be to upgrade XOOPS core files later, or if we would need to wait for mydownloads to be upgraded first.

Quote:
btw, tom, you're XOOPS core, you should know this already :-X

I've had a lot of time out recently, as some of the older members may of noticed me not being on as much as I used too, this is simply due to a family illness (Cancer) and work, which is why I don't always know the latest.

Liquid I don't mean to offend, nor will I enter politics either, but by my comment:

Quote:
Is this recommended by the core development, or does it hold any XOOPS certification

I was only asking, as I mentioned previous, regarding upgrades to next versions of xoops, as you know when anything makes changes to core or is needed in addition it makes it hard to upgrade in the future.

I've not spoken to Catz for a while now, but I sure hope he is ok. Catz if you read this you have me E-mail, please drop me one some time, me ole scotty friend

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/5 0:45

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

tom wrote:
Is this recommended by the core development, or does it hold any XOOPS certification?

I'm asking as this, although makes no changes to XOOPS core, it does include a .JS file for the root of XOOPS (not module dir), and simple wish to know will this be included as core packages, or at least be recommended by core devs. It appears there is a .JS for each version or xoops, so does this mean with every new version of XOOPS core we would need to wait for a new .JS for downloads before updating to new xoops.

If so then this is kinda like using IPB rather than newbb and having to wait for update before upgrading xoops.

I hardly think that adding three lines of code to one JavaScript function really compares to the changes that is required to use IPB forum. The difference here is that these changes will not affect the performance of XOOPS or WF-Download module, but is in place more for esthetics and nothing more.

So, you can use or not use the file =)

Hope that clarifies things up a bit? =)

Liquid
WF-Section Webmaster

tom
  • 2004/7/5 1:07

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
I hardly think that adding three lines of code to one JavaScript function really compares to the changes that is required to use IPB forum.

Not all of us are quiet as skilled as you, I asked a question which would probably interest many, and I asked because you offer different .JS files in your package for different versions of xoops, I didn't know your file named v2.0.5_xoops would work with 2.0.7 too, I presumed you had to use the v2.0.7_xoops version, but I must be mistakend, so that means it will work with 2.0.8 when released too and so on................... So us xoopsers won't have to wait for a new version of downloads before being able to upgrades Xoop's next time when released.

Thanks for easing my mind.

davidl2
  • 2004/7/5 1:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please can someone clarify what the situation is with this module? I really do want to use it, as I was quite impressed with the feedback I read from others.

Is it compatible with the standard module? Is it going to replace it? Will I have to delete everything and reinstall a new one? Can I convert things across?

I want to use a nice module from clever programmers - not listen to politics :(

Please help :(

(This is intended as a compliment to Liquid/WF-Sections, Catz and all concerned - and not as an attack on other XOOPS team members either!))

davidl2
  • 2004/7/5 1:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

whoops - double post :(

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits