sottwell
Re: Most extensive module you can think of (I'm going to attempt at a tutorial)
  • 2004/6/26 9:35

• sottwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Ok...got it. And the puppy hasn't peed on the floor for three days! Simple module with forms tutorial is in the Wikki. That was fun. Turned out my code was fine from the beginning, I just didn't know how to refresh the module properly, and had a typo in an embarrassing place. Now to go for the recipe exchange module.

chapi
  • 2004/6/26 10:48

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Could you please share the link for the tutorial you put into the wiki? I searched for it, but can't find it?!

Edit:
Found it! It's a little bit hidden, because not visible directly from the wiki startpage

Here is the link ..
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=FormHowTo

phillipd
  • 2004/7/9 19:38

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

I've tried your minitutorial at:http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=FormHowTo

It works except aren't there some variables missing? I get:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FT_NAME - assumed '_FT_NAME' in file modules/formtest/formtest.php line 2
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FT_DESC - assumed '_FT_DESC' in file modules/formtest/formtest.php line 3
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FT_SUBMIT - assumed '_FT_SUBMIT' in file modules/formtest/formtest.php line 4
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FT_TESTFORM - assumed '_FT_TESTFORM' in file modules/formtest/formtest.php line 5

I don't see those defined anywhere. As I am a beginner, where is the appropriate place to define them?

(Edit)

I could of course define them in "formtest.php" but should any and all "text" constants be defined in the language/english dir? If so how do you get them recognized by other pieces of code? Is this where the common language strings come in? Should I use something like define('_MD_FT_NAME', 'Item') in languages/english/main.php (doesn't seem to work). (Real newbie here)

(2nd edit)
Looked at other modules and now see the how others do it. define('_FT_NAME', 'Item') in languages/english/main.php. All defines seem to be there.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Doug P

sottwell
  • 2004/7/11 4:26

• sottwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

Missed the "main.php" language file. It's in there now. Sorry about that! And thanks!

phillipd
  • 2004/7/12 4:43

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

I'm trying to understand some code in xoopsfaq. In your tutorial, you only use XoopsFormTextarea to create a textarea. In the faq code it seems to use makeTboxData4PreviewInForm(). I can't find this in any documentation. I must be missing something vital to my understanding. Where are the docs I'm missing? Do makeTboxData4PreviewInForm() and XoopsFormTextarea() do the same thing? Ive also seen code that uses both of these methods: (https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15514&forum=7#forumpost65401 ). Are there any other good tutorials with explanations out there?

Thanks

Doug P

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits