studioC
Re: Block Control
  • 2004/5/2 21:00

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

can't imagine where you want to use this exact.. perhaps send me a pm , i will have a look at it tomorrow ...

I often use this to react with my cssthemes on events or settings of xoops. as you will know themebehaviour of css themes is bit different and you normally have to show less one static block. asking the theme which blocks are displayed gives us the possibility to change complete stylesheets or contentareas..

michael

WarDick
  • 2004/5/2 21:10

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

My theme works fine in all browser I have tried.
FireFox
Mozilla
Explorer 6
Galleon
Konqueror

The only problem is the missing controls from smarty that do not support the control offered by blocks admin.

WarDick
  • 2004/5/3 23:08

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hi ladon,

Thanks for your reply. You understand the problem correctly. It would seem logical that this approach would work. However I don't believe that these $xoops_showcleftblock and $xoops_showcrightblock variables exists or at least they are not being passed to theme.html. When you look at the output from Smarty debug they are not there.

I think this is a bug. It can be worked around. But I would like to see it work as it should. The Smarty templates supporting the controls from blocks admin.

Earlier today a post was made about how slow XOOPS was compared to other CMS alternatives. The author of the report states that of the CMS's tested the ones using a templating system were slower.

With that in mind if we are going to slow down XOOPS with templates then I think they should work, as any work arounds will slow it down even futher.

What do you think??

Best wishes and thanks again for your insight.

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits